Can't install printer from either OMV Stoneburner or CUPS

• Hello to all OMV experts out there,

I still have the same problem as I has previously in May. I want to add a simple USB laser printer, a Samsuns ML-2510. I think I managed to install it back in May by using CUPS' interface, but it seems to fail on Stoneburner.

In OMV, the error message is unhelpful, stating "communication failure", without additional information.
    In CUPS, I follow the "Add printer" assistant, check the "share this printer box", then "continue". Everything else is defaulted as detected by CUPS. After a while, CUPS reports

Impossible d’obtenir la liste des gestionnaires d’impression :

Success

And the printer is not added.

Any clue to what's happenning?

• I had the same problem while trying to add a HP OfficeJet printer. After a lot of trying and searching I found the following link:
    https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=19450.0
    As far as I remember I removed the foomatic-db and foomatic-db-nonfree packages. After that the installing of my printer was possible (via CUPS WebGui). Then I added the two removed packages again (don't know if that was neccessary).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!