Boot disk crashed no back-up how can i rebuild raid

• My system disk crashed. I ran OMV from an old 2.5" hdd, I think I was recently up to date.
    My raid consists of 4 * 3,5", 2 TB harddisks i think it is RAID 5. Can a pro help me to re-setup my system?
    I was thinking to reinstall OMV to an SSD or USB disk
    Your help is much appreciated.

• Hi Therj2000,

openmediavault is using mdam so you don't need to do anything about your raid.
    You can simply reinstall a fresh openmediavault on any harddrive and go under "Raid management". You'll find your RAID. Just need to mount the volume under "File Systems".

benitude

• Thanks for the tips. I have installed 2.1 on a small SSD. I think I was somewhere on 1.xx?
    I cannot find all my plugins, such as Headphone and couch potato.

I will try to mount the raid now to see if it will return...

I read somewhere that OMV can crash USB-sticks is this also the case with SSD if so how can I prevent this to preserve the SSD?

Thanks again

• OMV is not going to crash an SSD. In fact, even most cheap consumer SSDs will outlast the vast majority of HDDs.

The reason a USB stick crashes is because it is not meant to for providing the kind of services that an SSD provides, so it has relatively crude components intended for basic file storage and file transfer duties.

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!