Office backup solution using OMV

• Hey all,I've inherited a 12 bay storage server that is very old. I've pulled out the mobo/CPU and bought a new/cheap AMD/ASRock solution (BTW...stay away from ASRock...google Single Channel Memory Mode...all 4 mobo I've RMA'd have the issue). I also purchased some SATA cards to connect to the drives (SoftRAID6). I was plaining on using FreeNAS/Crashplan for Office desktop backups, but after I've read all the info about ECC RAM and FreeNAS, I'm thinking of using OMV on the server.Now my issue is what software can I use for the Office desktops? FreeNAS/Crashplan had nice integration and I'd like to find something similar for OMV.

Thanks!

• I use the ownCloud OMV plugin and the ownCloud client software on my computers (Linux and Windows) and on my Android phone. Works perfect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• Sorry, I don't know. I installed ownCloud on my own NAS long ago, before there was a plugin for OMV, so I used ownClouds guide. My ownCloud installation has survived many upgrades after the omv-owncloud plugin was installed without problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• Ok, I was able to configure the OMV ownCloud settings and set ACL permissions.
    I then plugged in the trused_domains in the config.php file.
    Now when I get to the web page nothing shows up. It's just a blank white page.

What do I do next?

Thanks!

• Ok, I was able to configure the OMV ownCloud settings and set ACL permissions.
    I then plugged in the trused_domains in the config.php file.
    Now when I get to the web page nothing shows up. It's just a blank white page.

What do I do next?

Thanks!

It sounds like your webserver is misconfigurated. Try look in the logfiles properly in /var/log/nginx/*

And try to make a php test file in the root of your owncloud webfiles.

Software:

Hardware:

• I didn't have nginx installed so it's now installed. I didn't know that was a prerequisite to have ownCloud working.
    I've never had to set up a web server before, especially on OMV. Is there a specific guide for what I need to do to get ownCloud working with nginx?

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!