Help Remove Bonding

• Hi all,

I've tried to create my first bonding (Ethernet and Wifi connections), and it didn't work out like it supposed to.
    Therefore, I want to remove bond0 after I created bond1. Can't find a way to remove bond0.
    Second, my slave wlan0 MII status is displaying 'down', which is I don't understand.
    My OMV also said "No Interface Available' upon boot up, but I can access via the web and SSH fine.

I have tried the below codes, but it said 'permission denied'.

Code
    ifconfig bond0 down
    echo "-eth0" > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves
    echo "-wlan0" > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves
    echo "-bond0" > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters
    rmmod bonding

Code
    -bash: /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves: Permission denied

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• The "No Interfaces Available" is a bug I've found with the way OMV creates the "/etc/issue" file. It only looks for devices that can be hotplugged and bond devices aren't reported as hotpluggable. Because of this, it shows "No Interfaces Available".

Try `rmmod bond`, not `bonding`. You'll have to do that once for every bonded device I think.

• I'm not try to enable any bond, but remove bond0.
    I'm currently using bond1.

Edit: I'm going to look in this directory later:

Code
    cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Right, what did you to create bond0? I don't know if I can help you disable it unless I know how it's enabling in the first place. Linux boots with all network interfaces disabled and no bonding interfaces. Then, something, a script or a tool, turns things on a sets things up. There are a lot of ways that could be happening so I need to know how it started in the first place.

/etc/sysconfig is, I believe, a Red Hat way of configuring networking and Debian (upon which OMV is based) doesn't do that. My system doesn't have an /etc/sysconfig at all. My guess is that you followed some instructions designed for Red Hat and that's what's causing the confusion.

• I used the OMV webgui to bond my Ethernet and Wifi adapters.
    But it didn't work out like I want to.

So, I created another bond, which bond1.
    Now, I want to remove bond0, since i'm not using it.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• run "grep -R bond /etc" and see what shows up in there. Here's what I get:

• OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!