Backup system img clonezilla ok - Back OMV system img from copy ok (ssh)

• Hello all!
    How are you?

I follow this: Configuration Backup
    to backup OMV system. Right, fine!

I have the img file system generate by clonezilla,and save this img file on other disk to security with ssh, right? For example: If my OMV system disk fail... How to back img file system?
    With clonezilla?
    Or Install OMV again and omv-extras and then use clonezilla.

I am confused, sorry!

Thanks attention and help

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello there, you have to boot clonezilla in the target computer you want to restore, either with usb stick, CD-ROM, or a pxe boot.

once you boot clonezilla you should be able to restore the img from the remote site, you have to look what does clonezilla support, but a quick look tell me you can use a samba share to retrieve the img. If you did backup with ssh (sftp) pretty sure you can call it back same way.

• Hello there, you have to boot clonezilla in the target computer you want to restore, either with usb stick, CD-ROM, or a pxe boot.

once you boot clonezilla you should be able to restore the img from the remote site, you have to look what does clonezilla support, but a quick look tell me you can use a samba share to retrieve the img. If you did backup with ssh (sftp) pretty sure you can call it back same way.

Hello subzero

Right. I must be wrong using samba share. I am testing on vm. I have samba share folder (r-w) open. There is OMV img file. When I put the way img file, clonezilla ask user password and I let blank and go wrong, clonezilla stop and I cannot finish process.

Right, I need learn more about clonezilla, because I need to know when something go bad.

Thanks subzero for your help ever!

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Hello All
    How are you?

So, ok! Thanks answers and all help.
    After follow this: Configuration Backup to backup your OMV operating System.

If you want to copy OMV img systen backup to other machine on ssh_server mode for security:

01: boot Clonezilla
    02: choose language
    03: select keymap
    04: start clonezilla
    05: device-image
    07: enter shell
    08: Press enter
    09: list devs: fdisk -l (to know what device you need to mount to copy to your other machine/server (can be /dev/sd**))
    10: mount dev: mount /dev/sd*** /home/partimag/
    11: copy to your server/machine: scp -r your_omv_image_name/ user@domain:/path_to_copy_image
    12: wait to copy to server

Back your OMV operating system working again from OMV IMG from ssh_server:

01: boot Clonezilla
    02: choose language
    03: select keymap
    04: start clonezilla
    05: device-image
    06: ssh_server
    07: put your IP ssh server
    08: let the port number: 22, or choose other if you use other
    09: username ssh_server
    10: path_that_you_save IMG (/home/user/omvimg for example)
    11: clonezilla will ask the password for your ssh_server user
    12: write: yes
    13: give it password ssh_server user
    14: press enter
    15: choose beginner
    16: choose restoredisk
    17: choose the image file to restore
    18: choose the target disk (attention, do not choose OMV data disks, your data will be lost)
    19: press enter to continue
    20: give it: y
    21: give it: y
    22: wait the process finish
    23: press enter
    24: choose reboot

I hope that help.
    Sorry my English

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!