Emby spielt keine Videos ab, zeigt keine Bilder an

• Edit: Do I need to change the Database Volume in the OMV emby section?

• The libraries you needed were installed. Everything seems OK except you did not select a volume to move the working directory to data drive, or zvol I think in your case.

Give results of this:

grep emby /etc/passwd

This /var/lib/emby directory is normally moved to a data disk and the ffmpeg folder in that emby folder is moved to /usr/local/bin on the system drive because that data drives are mounted noexec.

• Edit: Do I need to change the Database Volume in the OMV emby section?

I don't think you have too. But I am not seeing why you are not able to write to your media shares. If all the folders belong to the users group the emby user should be able to write to them after that usermod command, you also have to do that uberprufung in the emby ui but you did this.

• what do you mean with the uberprufung?? The the check mark for writing meta data to the media folder? Yes I did.
    As written above, I unchecked this and scanned my complete movie folder, and everythings looks like its working fine.
    I will try to set check it again and see what happens.

• It all looks good from what I see. Maybe a bad folder/file name causes the problem. I'm not sure. The only way you could test this would be to take everything out and add a couple movies to test.

I would try doing some searches:

can't write metadata emby
    can't write metadata emby debian

I am busy as hell today with work. Some big meetings... Good Luck !!!

PS- I will look here later when I have time. Yes, I mean check mark with uberprufung. I just put that in case some germans don't know what I mean with check mark.

PPS- If you put the check mark back I think it will not work again. We have not found out why there was a problem writing to the media folders.

• Ok so I deleted all shares, deleted the ZFS Pool and made a new one with diffrent Name (Data1). Still the same problem. No permission to write on the shared media folder... Next step ist to delete the ZFS Pool and try a regular RAID 5 with ext4 on it... maybe that works.

• I will go back through and check some comments by other users. When I get time I'll setup a raid 5 and test. I don't have time to test zfs.

BTW, did you try selecting a volume this time? just out of curiosity.

I just went through some old comments. I am positive that a user, ellnic, had it writing to folders using zfs. Same plugin you are using.

• In the settings you can select a volume, you should have drop down that shows data disks, raid 5 or zfs vol. I would test the RAID 5 in a vm and my virtual disks would be small, maybe 4 gigs. It would sync fast.

I will test later.

• No rush!

But I got some good news.
    I added the
    /media/22f4c57a-e8d3-4686-9443-996be366ba3e/Multimedia as media share instead of
    /media/22f4c57a-e8d3-4686-9443-996be366ba3e/Multimedia/Videos/Movies

The movie itself was copied without subfolder to /Multimedia

and it seems to work...

How is that possible?

Edit: So I edited the ACL for the Multimedia share and it works iun the subfolders too.
    Now we need to knwo how to set up everything with ZFS becauese there is no ACL settings i think.

• When you setup your share before in the Emby UI did you choose Videos or Movies??? With some media servers they will only go down a certain number of subfolders. They sometimes have setttings for this.

• Do you have your movies in individual folders? Give me a stat on one of them too. Also, can you try to take a movie out of it's folder and just put it in the Movies folder. See if it is scanning there and metadata is inserted.

• Yes my goal is a folder structure like
    examble for TV Shows, because for each episode is a single folder.
    /media/22f4c57a-e8d3-4686-9443-996be366ba3e/Multimedia/Videos/Serien/Band of Brothers/Band of Brothers - S01E01 - Currahee/Band of Brothers - S01E01 - Currahee.mkv

So the folder deep is the problem? I sthere a solution? Is i caused from Emby?

I will try a little bit around at least we know whats the problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!