Problems with filesystems and disks after moving from RAID to MHDDFS/AUS

• Hey guys, so been a long time OMV user and trying to get my OMV GUI back up and working correctly but having some problems and hoping someone could help me out.

I originally was using a RAID5 setup for my drives, until after having a few RAID issues I decided to move to using mhddfs instead as i'm not that worried about the data, and wanted the additional space available when using an mhddfs setup.

So I switched over to mhddfs about a year or so ago (was before OMV supported mhddfs/aus), got everything setup and working correctly without any issues. I had my own mhddfs entry added in the /etc/fstab file, everything works just fine.

Problem is when I try to go into my OMV admin gui to setup the mhddfs (after unmounting) there aren't any available pools to add to a new mhddfs/aus setup. My drives show up just fine in the Physical Drives section, as well as under filesytems, but I can't for the life of me figure out how or what I need to do to be able to setup my mhddfs configuration in OMV.

I uploaded diagnostic information, the ID is DhciuvRE (OMV 1.19)

I am unable to setup any new shared folders, mhddfs/aus, or really anything in regards to drives or filesystems. The "Volume", "Drive", and "Pool" dropdowns in the configurations are empty and i'm hoping someone can help me figure this out so I can go back to using the OMV interface for managing everything.

Thanks guys!!

• Thanks for the reply, the fstab I believe should be in that report but i'll post it here as well. Tried to send again, here's the error I get when trying to send it:

your log ID is: 9GiWDdeU, please refer to this log ID in your posts.

Code
    Creating sysinfo file...
    Creating config.xml file with passwords and SSL certs removed...
    Received message too long 1416128883

I'll send you the file in a private message just in case it didn't upload

Here's

Code
    omv-showkey mntent

Code
    <mntent>
        <uuid>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</uuid>
        <fsname>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx|xxxx-xxxx|/dev/xxx</fsname>
        <dir>/xxx/yyy/zzz</dir>
        <type>ext2|ext3|ext4|xfs|jfs|iso9660|udf</type>
        <opts></opts>
        <freq>0</freq>
        <passno>0|1|2</passno>
                </mntent>

Here's /etc/fstab, there are a few commented out as that was an old drive, and just so I know where each disk is in the actual server:

Thanks!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The send report is not working properly.

You have an extended custom fstab, omv only works with fstab entries created by omv and registered in config.xml. You have nothing there created by omv

You should delete all fs or comment the entries there that you want to make mhdfs, or if you want delete all entries except for rootfs and swap. Then reboot and start mounting filesystems with the webui, once there you should be able to configure a pool.

fstab entries created by omv are enclosed in a <openmediavault> tab, you'll see later when you start mounting with omv

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!