Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Offizieller Beitrag

Applications of course. Don't clog the system with Java or mono. Forked daap plugin doesn't work with latest iTunes, you have to build your own. MySql plugin...well. Flexget I regret not having the plugin to edit the config.hml
    from the webui but that's minor.
    Plus the docker plugin gives the ability to control start stop from all of them in the same panel. Some plugins are just that, start stop button from the webui.
    Transmission is plugin that I would use, since it provides a neat webui to configure, instead of editing settings.json.

• Offizieller Beitrag

you could still provide a web UI through a docker container, you'd just need to mount the config files from the host into the container

If you're referring to transmission i am guessing you cannot do that, you need to stop the daemon to change settings.json. Then you will need to modify the plugin to handle the start stop of the container. Maybe you can put settings.json in ro mode, stop the container change settings with the daemon stopped in the host, then start the container. Maybe it could work, don't know...don't use torrent at home anymore.

• It's possible, but at that point it just depends on what the plugin wants to do. I think having Docker as an option for plugins would be great, especially if the Docker plugin could provide some APIs for other plugin authors to easily stop/start/create/etc. containers.

• Could I use this to install evolution? I really like that email client. 8|

I have been very impressed with the stability of OMV. It just runs.. I'm not trying to do anything fancy with it.. just watch regular tv channels as I don't have cable.

• Could I use this to install evolution? I really like that email client. 8|

I have been very impressed with the stability of OMV. It just runs.. I'm not trying to do anything fancy with it.. just watch regular tv channels as I don't have cable.

If you want to know which applications can be installed via Docker (without installing the plugin), you can go to https://hub.docker.com/ and search for the specific application. I did that for evolution, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything...

• OK. I restarted my system today and now the container for rutorrent would not start.

I decided to disable the plugin and then enable it again. Now it says "saving" for an extended period of time followed by:
    "communication failure" being displayed
    If I click details it just states the same thing.

I also made sure I was running the backport kernel.

thanks.

• I have no idea I had all kinds of issues with omv-engined using all cpu resources and plex freezing up on top of docker issue.

I just ran updates again and restarted now omv-engined is calm, plex is the only thing eating cpu and docker is magically enabled and the container working....... If system was working before the restart and no updates were ran why would things be messed up. Either way its now working.

thanks.

• I just ran updates again and restarted now omv-engined is calm

It would have been interesting to know what version of the plugin you were running before the update. We had some issues with restarts before that resulted in a behavior similar to what you described. This should have been fixed a few weeks back. Please let me know if you have the same type of problem again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Windows doesn't work in docker.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• So I created a new docker container by choosing "Run Image" and filling out the form. The container wasn't able to start up properly because apparently I had told it to map a port that was already in use. This resulted in some confusing behavior:

1. The "Run Image/Create Container" dialog did not go away.
    2. A container was created, or at least, the bottom section lists the container I tried to create but this was not immediately obvious due to (1). I tried to hit the "Run" button on that dialog again and it informed me that the container already exists.
    3. I can't seem to start the container as all of the "Start", "Stop", and "Restart" buttons are disabled. The container is in "Created" status. If I do "docker ps" on the command line, the container is not listed. I can get the container details though...

So, what gives? Where do I go from here? Copying the container resulted in two containers with the same status. I'm also a little unclear what the "Create" button does. It seems to create a container similar to the one that's currently selected?

• When you click the "run image" button the plugin will create an "application container" (my own terminology). What happened when it failed to run the container due to an already used port is that the plugin detects the newly created container as a "data container" instead (flawed detection method). Data containers are created with the "create container" button which provides other settings than the "run image" button. When you try to copy a data container all options in the dialog reflects data container options instead of application container options. I'll have to look at the "container type" detection to fix this issue.

To fix your problem:

• Delete all non-working (data containers).
    • "Re-run" the image with proper port mappings.
  • just tried to run updates and received a docker error:

docker is currently running fine but did not know if other people saw a similiar error. thanks.

• Bit lazy, but I read the guide, which is nice, also looked through the forum but no avail. I have some trouble with permissions on the volume folders. I installed a Logitechmediaserver in Docker, and can mount my /music folder ok, but the medie-scanner cannot scan subfolders in the mount. There must be something with Docker and user/group. A little hint would be nice.

THX

• just tried to run updates and received a docker error:

docker is currently running fine but did not know if other people saw a similiar error. thanks.

I've upgraded to latest docker version without issues... Maybe try apt-get update/upgrade again?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!