Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to enable the docker testing repo as well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

if i modify container, i got this error message.

Docker is running on port 42005

Code
    root@omv:/home# netstat -ntap | grep docker
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:42005         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      25915/dockerd
    tcp6       0      0 :::8200                 :::*                    LISTEN      1516/docker-proxy

Any ideas?

• I am just discovering dockers (woohoo). One question i have is some of the text that displays is light grey on white. Can that text be made a little darker? its kind of hard to read.

EDIT: Are the only dockers that are available the ones from the docker repo tab? Or can others be used? I tried one that wasn't listed and it gave me permission errors all over the place.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The docker plugin is amd64 only.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not sure I understand, are you saying that it does not work with intel chips?

No. amd64 is what the 64 bit version of linux is called for most distributions. This works on Intel's 64 bit capable chips as well. It is called amd64 because amd created the 64 bit extensions. Intel implemented these extensions on their chips too. i386 is the 32 bit version. The docker plugin only works on 64 bit systems. You probably installed the i386 version

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did thanks, is there no way to upgrade this on the fly

I wouldn't.

• Hi,
    does anybody have an idea why the linuxserver/resilio-sync container isn't working anymore after a restart of the server? I'm able to get into the resilio webui but the loaded page is white. Only the dark grey menu bar without any content is visible. I've set up the container again but it is only working properly until I restart the pc.

• Is there any way of changing the docker working folder?
    I'm moving my docker system and containers from one array to other.
    I stopped all the containers, then the plugin and replicated the two main folders I'm using on the new disk, but when I try to change the base path in the plugin, it throws a "communication error" or "Gateway Time-out"

I suppose that whenever I can do this I will be easy to replicate the containers using the new shared folders.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use docker inspect (plugin has a button) and it will show all containers mapped folders, ports, env vars, etc. Also take a look at the usage of docker export if you want to move them to another location. It saves the container to a tar file.

@sno0k you can ask at the linuxserver irc channel, they have plenty of support there for their containers.

• Hello subzero79.

Mmmm... no, I think you didn't understand.

But it seems the problem is that my docker plugin doesn't turn on. It happened before, but previously stopping the containers at command line let the plugin start.
    Now I can't start it, using the new folder or the old one. With containers off or anything I try.
    After saving, It stays for one minute and then throws the error.

Is that same error I reported: link but now I can't find anything to make it work.
    Docker works at command line level without any problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately the plugin in omv2 is kinda of abandoned. There was an issue with the container listing if you have too many running (more than 10 or 12), also this issue with te start of dockerengine from the omv panel.
    I would consider another ui front end if you're gonna keep using 2.0. There is a chrome extension and another webui that runs in a docker container, can't remember the name.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There was an issue with latest backport kernel by zol but that was solved some weeks ago if I am not mistaken. The plugin was ported by the same dev that did docker.
    Anyway upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 is not recommended as you would encounter issues. Fresh install is better and also bear in mind that some plugins were abandoned. You can always check bintray webpage to check which are available.

• Offizieller Beitrag

3.0 was still in testing stage

Some of the plugins are but OMV 3.x is stable (even if not official declared).

Also I read something about ZFS not working in 3.0.
    Could be that I was wrong?

zfs plugin is working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!