Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Ok, I got the config to finally show in the external location and I can find the config and edit it...

Do i need to open to port in the docker also to allow the port to be passed from the system to the docker container?

• I just don't get it... Qbittorent never needs me to open ports, Deluge doesn't need it either. One is running in a docker the other is not. rtorrent the port is ALWAYS closed.This means I get horrible throughput.

Based on this not being related to the topic of the Docker GUI plugin, I'd suggest opening a separate thread or even opening an issue with the Docker container creator/maintainer.

On the "never needs me to open ports" - It's not necessarily an issue of opening ports in Docker. If you can get connections and downloads to work at all, then it's the first issue of firewall/router ports. If the ports weren't open or functioning inside the docker container, you would get 0 connection. I'd suggest that perhaps the other apps are using a default port that is the same and already opened on your firewall/router, or are using UPnP to open the ports and the other is not. Lastly, make sure if you are "testing" that you are using the same exact torrent file in multiple apps to compare "horrible throughput". Every torrent is different and can't be compared independently or you will no-doubtedly see great variations in perceived performance.

• Hi all,

I am a docker newbie and I am trying to get the OMV docker GUI plugin working on my rock64 board - OMV3 / linux / jessie / armhf

From the rock64 forum boards, I have read that some people have docker working so I think it is possible but it looks quite complicated (for me).

My OMV 3 setup is clean/new and up to date (apt-get update) and working well but I get the following error(s) when I try to add the docker CE repo and update.

W: Failed to fetch https://download.docker.com/li…an/dists/jessie/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'stable/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

W: Failed to fetch https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…cker/dists/jessie/Release Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-arm64/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Any ideas how I can resolve these errors? I'm running armhf (not arm64).

Thanks,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like you will have to build docker to your arch. Docker doesn't supply arm64. Be careful after building to download images corresponding to your arch, not anything you find on the hub.
    omv plugins are arch agnostic, but in this case originally it was restricted to amd64, since docker started distributing this arch originally. @ryecoaaron lifted the restriction to add armhf because docker now ships armhf.

Once you get docker build for your arch you can install the plugin manually

• first step (installing docker CE) was easier than I expected...

Used instructions here to install docker CE

https://docs.docker.com/engine…bian/#install-docker-ce-1

then tested by using

sudo docker run armhf/hello-world

latest: Pulling from armhf/hello-world
    a0691bf12e4e: Pull complete
    Digest: sha256:9701edc932223a66e49dd6c894a11db8c2cf4eccd1414f1ec105a623bf16b426
    Status: Downloaded newer image for armhf/hello-world:latest

Hello from Docker on armhf!
    This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.

To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:
    1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.
    2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.
    3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the
    executable that produces the output you are currently reading.
    4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which sent it
    to your terminal.

• Have you followed the instructions of the error message? It might be wise to take that first step, and the potentially share the output.

Hello,
    Unfortunately I do not understand the error message.
    Here are the actions and messages that OMV returns to me

• Hello All,
    I am New to docker, I love the idea of containers.

I did get docker installed on my OMV 3.0.

Code
    sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install docker-ce

I then tested it with

Code
    sudo docker run hello-world

everything worked fine.

I am looking to install the plugin but it keeps failing.
    Here is the install log.

Any Ideas ?

• I just installed it from the ISO downloaded form openmediavault.org.

here is my sources.

• Hello guys,

today I updated the docker ce package to the latest version. Now I see the following notification, when I navigate to "Services - Docker" in the omv webui:

If I go to "Show details", I see the following Error description:

Here is the snip from the "update management history log":

Code
    Start-Date: 2017-12-30  16:47:10
    Commandline: apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-broken --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::=--force-confold install docker-ce
    Upgrade: docker-ce:amd64 (17.09.1~ce-0~debian, 17.12.0~ce-0~debian)
    End-Date: 2017-12-30  16:47:18

I restarted the docker service, but the message is still there. Seemingly everything works as expected.

Do you need any other informations to repair this?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!