Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Ok, so it has nothing to do with the update? Do you also see this message?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Ok, it‘s not a problem at all. Can’t see any drawbacks, everything works as expected.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I have the exact same issue, discovered it after i restarted the server today. I dont really keep track of the updates i apply but i know Docker was updated the other week and i 'think' i received a kernel update as well.
    OMV 3.0.95, kernel Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 and Docker 17.12.0-ce.

• It looks like one of the logos for the linuxserver.io images is pointing to an incorrect URL.

A fix would be to add error handling around that part of the code that downloads the logos. Quite simple fix, but I'm not able to do it in a couple of days.

• It would be nice, if you fix it. But it’s not a priority thing.

Have a nice day!

• Hello,

I've enabled the Docker CE plugin in OMV4 and installed Docker.

Installed the plex and emby image, but when I run those images and the container is running, the log is filled with errors standard_init_linux.go:195: exec user process caused "exec format error"

What am I doing wrong?

Try to run it on an ESPRESSObin (ARMBIAN 5.37.171231 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.4.107-mvebu64)

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.3-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.5 | omvextrasorg 7.0

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Frepke ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

What am I doing wrong?

You are trying to use an x86/amd64 docker image on an arm board... This will not work and you must use arm images.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You are trying to use an x86/amd64 docker image on an arm board... This will not work and you must use arm images.

Thanks ryecoaaron,

I'm new on Docker, but how could I've missed that ?(

kr.,
    Frepke

• Thanks ryecoaaron,
    I'm new on Docker, but how could I've missed that ?(

kr.,
    Frepke

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

Now I've Plex running in a docker on my ESPRESSObin by pulling the following image "lsioarmhf/plex".

Still a lot to learn but there's progress ^^

• Hello all,

when I try to download a Docker image from the default repo, at some point during the pull process I get the following message (often even though some of the stages appear to have worked:

Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(145): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImages('42005', true)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix it?

Thanks! :)

• By the way... Some days ago I installed omv4. The omv docker ce plugin works as expected. I do not have the logo error message anymore.

Greetings Hoppel

• Hi guys,

I've also installed omv4 and now I want to use jdownloader in Docker. Jdownloader Image is pulled and started, but I do not understand the Volumes and Mount Binds. Jdownloader ist is using the "/Output" Folder for the download Content. This Folder I want to symlink to another Folder and this is not working.

With every start of the jdownloader Image (modify while start is not possible, because the Image will be resettet ^^), it creates another volume Folder in /var/lib/docker/volumes.

So there are some questions:

1. How can I use a native Folder for the Downloads?
    2. How can I save Settings for every start of the Image?

Thanks guys

• @Christian0P
    It's not working because a docker app is running in its own container (thats how docker is working) so it has no access to other folders. (also a symlink will not work)
    You can bind the needed folder in the docker plugin.

For example:
    bind the following:
    /mnt/mydrive (hostpath) to /downloads (container path)
    Then you have to configure in jdownloader the downloads path to /downloads and it will be stored in /mnt/mydrive.

You dont have to create a symlink or anything else, and if it is setted in the plugin it is also saved after restart.
    You have also to look that it isn't set to RO.

OMV 4 Arrakis | Kernel 4.14 ... running on
    SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• @wastez

Thank's, that is what I thought, but it isn't working.

I've attached one screenshot

(it is only an example for testing the permissions), which shows you my folder settings for "/download". While using the container, the folder "/download" is shown but can't be used by Jdownloader --> Invalid download dirctory.

I think we have permission issues with that, if I will switch the "/download" folder to "/output" it is working, but the content is stored only in the container (/var/lib/docker/volumes ...). So how can I realize moving the container content from "/download" to my data disk?

For example:

host path ( /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Downloads ) container path ( /download )

Result of ls -al of /download in the container is (with R/O):

total 4
    drwxrwxr-x 2 root users 40 Jan 7 08:27 [1;34m.[0m
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jan 7 09:55 [1;34m..[0m

Result of ls -al of /download in the container is (without (R/O):

total 4
    drwxrwxr-x 3 jdownloa jdownloa 60 Jan 7 11:19 [1;34m.[0m
    drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jan 7 11:15 [1;34m..[0m
    drwxr-xr-x 2 jdownloa jdownloa 60 Jan 7 11:19 [1;34mSleepyHollow.s04.20.SO[0m

I switched the APP_USER "app" to "jdownloader" of the container, but how can I find out, if the user "jdownloader" has access to this folder "/download"?

/edit

Now it is working, I set the following after my comment:

host path ( /tmp/DownloadTemp ) container path ( /output )

and started the container again, I've checked with "ls -al" /download and /output, to compare the permissions and what should I say? Both folders are using the same rights for the user "jdownloader" and now it is working.

Lol - why? Thanks buddy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!