How to install VPN on OMV?

• Code
    ii  openmediavault-openvpn              1.1                            all                                                                                                  OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openvpn                             2.2.1-8+deb7u3                 amd64                                                                                                virtual private network daemon

Code
    Linux OMV 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u3~bpo70+1 (2016-01-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• It's running.
    I"m trying to email myself the .ovpn cert & import it into the phone.
    It said:
    Error loading profile: Inbox/.......
    "Missing/bad files".

What is the full error message? I don't have an iPhone but Googling it suggests that the client app on your iphone is not able to find all the files it needs.

• I am chalking this up to people just not knowing what they are doing. The common name does not have to match the ddns service address. I just used the username as common name when creating the certs and it worked fine.

The plugin works fine on OMV 2.x.

@tinh_x7 Some ideas to try:
    On your cell phone you are disconnected from your LAN's Wifi and getting ip from cell tower, yes?
    If you are using wifi on another LAN (remote from where your OMV is) it is using different subnet than your OMV's LAN yes??
    Is port 1194 UDP forwarded from your router to your OMV??
    You only have 1 OpenVPN plugin installed (AS and normal plugin cannot be installed at the same time.)?

• I'm unable to see the full error message on the iPhone, but this is what it displaying:

Code
    Error loading profile: Inbox/user1-client.ovpn
    Missing/bad files: user1-ca.crt, user1-client.crt,...

I've tried both cellular and Wifi; it's on the same subnet.
    port 1194 = checked.
    Only OpenVPN plugin is installed = checked.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• I found out the solution: I imported the entire cert package into my iTunes, then sync it to my iPhone.
    It's working perfectly.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• The zip file you download from the plugin you can e-mail to yourself as an attachment. Then on your phone download the attachment from the e-mail. Create a folder on your phone and then unzip the zip file into the folder, there should be 5 files. Then in the OpenVPN Connect app you need to click on "import" and then "from SD card". Guide the path for importing to where you created the folder and inside the folder select the .ovpn file. Then click on "select" to import it. The app should import all the files from the folder.

• It's a little different on iPhone.
    But I used the same approach that you said, but it somehow didn't work on the iPhone.
    iTunes is the easiest step for me :)

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!