Issue with Installing OMV on Debian 7.x Wheezy

• Hi Guys,

I am running Debian wheezy on a Iomega Home media network hard drive it all seem to run fine. I'd like to put OMV on it but when I try and follow the instructions posted here:

Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 7.x (Wheezy)

I get an error at the "apt-get install openmediavault" stage which reads:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault : Depends: php5-pam but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: php5-proctitle but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have looked on the web and can't find many references to this issue. Is the problem fixable or is it linked to trying to run on a device like the Iomega? Any help/advice much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:
    wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/p/php5-pam/php5-pam_1.0.3-3_armel.deb
    wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/p/php5-proctitle/php5-proctitle_0.1.2-3_armel.deb
    dpkg -i php5-pam_1.0.3-3_armel.deb php5-proctitle_0.1.2-3_armel.deb

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you Sir - This worked a charm and I was able to install OMV. Unfortunately even though all appears okay I still could not connect to the web ui. I believe all my previous "troubleshooting" may have caused a few inconsistency's with my system :-). Will re-install Debian and take it from there. Pretty sure it will work.

Once again thanks for help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!