NGINX - How to get it working

• I would like to get a webserver up and running on my OMV and have therefore found the NGINX plugin.
    Now i am a little lost in getting it to run. I could not find any guide showing how to do this.
    First of all i assumed i have to add the www directory to the server when addidng a server on the second tab. The strange thing is that it does not let me select the system drive again. I have set up apache before and remember that the www dir was under /var/www which was laying on the system drive.

Furthermore if i save the configuration there OMV tells me "The configuration object is invalid: The selected port is already in use.". I have not installed any webserver yet.

doing a
    netstat -tulpn | grep :80
    brings
    tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 16417/nginx

So NGINX is running before i have activated it?

• Of course i cant have 2 instances on the same port. I have now just put OMV on a different port, that works fine for me.

By leaving the definition for the servers folder empty it just uses /etc/nginx/html
    As this sits on the system dir there is no more need for a backlinking by mount --bind

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have now just put OMV on a different port, that works fine for me.

You don't need change the port to if you know how to use a reverse proxy (proxy_pass) , read in the guide section

As this sits on the system dir there is no more need for a backlinking by mount --bind

I don't see the point using a system folder instead of data folder.

• Zitat

I don't see the point using a system folder instead of data folder.

Because my data folders sit on the HDD Raid that is most of the time of the day spinned down. Spin up takes some time and i dont want the webserver to be unresponsive. My system drive is an SSD. Simple as that.

• What in the world makes you think you have to use a shared folder on a data drive for a site? You can use /var/www which is on the system drive.

Each user should try to assess what is best for their individual situation. The possibilities are endless.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!