Plex, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and permissions generally

• I am having or have been having some issues with plugins for quite a while, which I can't help feel are all permission related in one way or another. I could be completely wrong and a massive idiot, but hopefully we'll find out!

1. PLEX
    I have the PlexMediaServer plugin, which seems to work fine in general. I've been reading on the plex wiki about transcoding and cpu power. They recommend some tests using verbose logging, then viewing the log files. However, I've enabled verbose logging, ran some videos, and then went to the following directory to check the log files:

/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/

This is the directory that Plex logs are stored in by default on Debian (from Plex wiki). I found the files, but they all have a modify date of January 7th/8th this year, more than 9 months ago. That can't be right can it? I checked the permissions, and changed them to 755 just in case anyway (I know someone will tell me off for this)! They are also owned by the Plex user.
    Needless to say, nothing in this log file is any use to my recent tests if they weren't updated. What am I doing wrong?

2. SABNZBD
    I have the Sabnzbd plugin. Seems to work mostly fine, but every now and then I see the following warning:

2015-10-03 15:58:56,358 ERROR:Cannot change permissions of /media/[MEDIA ID]/SABNZBDworkingfolders/Temporary downloads

This directory has 755 recursively, and is owned by root. Again, what am I doing wrong?

3. Couchpotato (not errors, just information)
    I use both of the excellent sickbeard and couchpotato plugins. The sickbeard one appears to have been updated more recently than the CouchPotato one, in terms of web interface (again correct me if I'm wrong). The CP one has separate backup and restore buttons on the omv plugin gui. The backup button zips the relevant settings files and puts them at the root of your data drive of choice, naming the file CPBackup. The restore button lets you restore a CPBackup file from the root of a drive.

4. Sickbeard
    The Sickbeard plugin has a new backup/restore function, at the top of the plugin. This lets you backup or restore to/from a shared folder, not root of a data drive like before (or like the CP plugin). This meant I was unable to restore a previously made SBbackup file (as it was in the root of the data drive) and still couldn't restore it when moved to a shared folder (perhaps that was my fault, or the restore function was looking for something else).
    Now, if I try to backup the sickbeard data using this feature, I get the following error:

I've checked the permissions and owners of the shared folder that I'm trying to backup to, but it looks OK to me. Again, that doesn't mean that it's OK - please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for looking, and I hope this helps others too.

• Have you tried another shared folder for the backup?
    Does your shared folder end in "/" (forward slash)?
    Have you tried resetting permissions on the shared folders (on the shared folders tab)?

I have tried both backup and restore on a clean install and both work ok.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Have you tried another shared folder for the backup?
    Does your shared folder end in "/" (forward slash)?
    Have you tried resetting permissions on the shared folders (on the shared folders tab)?

I have tried both backup and restore on a clean install and both work ok.

Thanks for your reply. I assume all three questions were about point no 4 - Sickbeard. If so:
    1. Yes I tried another folder - and it DID work
    2. Yes, the shared folder ends in a forward slash, as does the shared folder that did work for the backup, but I'm not sure why one worked and the other didn't. I'm sure it's something trivial I've missed.
    3. Yes, though this didn't help for the folder that didn't work to backup to.

On a side note, thanks for all your great plugins :)

• Yes point 4 as I could not see a problem in the others.
    Try manually creating a backup tar -zcvPf FULL/PATH/TO/BACKUP/FOLDER/sickbeard.tar.gz /var/opt/sickbeard/
    In my case

Code
    tar -zcvPf /media/0d2c2343-2e74-43c8-80e2-080bb817cf76/Downloads/sickbeard.tar.gz /var/opt/sickbeard/

This is the same command as used in the plugin.

• 1. Your looking in the wrong place for the logs, you should have choosen a "Database Folder" in the plugin settings the logs will be in that path.
    2. That warning is normal and should be ignored. If it is bugging you then i would suggest switching to nzbget.
    3. I do not see a problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!