Extremely high CPU usage, I think rsync is the culprit

• I have noticed that for a few days now my CPU usage is always at anywhere from 90-99%. I was concerned with this so I logged into the WebGUI and went to Diagnostics>System Information>Process List and noticed there are multiple instances of rsync (that I am not quite sure how got started) running that are each using a great deal of CPU.

the processes all list as the same
    rsync -aAXv /bin /boot /dev /etc /export /home /initrd.img /initrd.img.old /lib /lib64 /lost+found /media /mnt /opt /proc /root /run /sbin /selinux /srv /sys /tmp /usr /var /vml

and at any given time I have 12-15 instances of this running

I tried the command killall rsync via ssh and while it does return my CPU to normal the rsync processes slowly but surely start back up and wreck my usage again.

Can someone more knowledgeable with OMV than I please help me solve this?

• That does sound probable as I was having issues with that, but I don’t see anything in my crontab that would relate

*/3 * * * * /usr/bin/screen -dmS lftp /root/Scripts/autolftp-sftp.sh > /root/Scripts/sync_cron.log 2>&1
    #*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/filebot -rename /media/c29e9d5b-610d-4ccb-b2d4-81a71fc90adb/NAS/TEMP/MOVIES --db TheMovieDB --format "{n} ({y})/{fn}"
    #* * * * * chmod -R 770 /media/c29e9d5b-610d-4ccb-b2d4-81a71fc90adb/NAS/TEMP/
    */5 * * * * /usr/bin/screen -dmS sickrage /root/Scripts/sickrage-lftp.sh > /root/Scripts/sickrage_cron.log 2>&1
    * 12 * * * /root/Scripts/cronbackup.sh
    * 12 * * * /root/Scripts/bashrcbackup.sh
    #* * * * * /bin/chmod -R 770 /media/c29e9d5b-610d-4ccb-b2d4-81a71fc90adb/NAS/SICKRAGE/

The contents of cronbackup.sh are

#!/bin/bash
    cat ~/.bashrc > ~/$(date +%Y%m%d).bashrcbackup
    mv ~/*.bashrcbackup ~/Dropbox/bashrc/

The contents of bashbackup.sh are

#!/bin/bash
    crontab -l > ~/$(date +%Y%m%d).crontab
    mv ~/*.crontab ~/Dropbox/crontab/

I have the following setup under scheduled jobs

and using the backup plugin I have setup

I was thinking that that was only run on demand, If I simply uninstall the backup plugin would that revert whatever changes it made?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!