FTP does not start up at boot

• My proftpd service does not start when i boot my machine up (red dot). The FTP service plugin says it is enabled.
    When i disable and re-enable the plugin FTP comes up (doing "service proftpd start" on CLI also works).
    I could not find anything suspicious in the proftpd.log.
    How can i find out what prevents FTP from starting at boot?

• Code
    Mon Oct 12 18:22:14 2015: Starting ftp server: proftpddebNAS proftpd[3054]: mod_tls_memcache/0.1: notice: unable to register 'memcache' SSL session cache: M$
    Mon Oct 12 18:22:14 2015: debNAS proftpd[3054]: Fatal: MasqueradeAddress: unable to resolve "xxx.xxx.xxx" on line 59 of '/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf'
    Mon Oct 12 18:22:14 2015:  failed!

The masquerade line seems to be the issue. This is the address of my dyndns host (i x'ed it out), which works perfectly fine when the NAS is booted up. Does it try to resolve the address before having network (respectively contact to the DNS server)?

Here is an extract of /etc/rc2.d:

I guess i need to move proftpd to after the network manager?
    Should i do this manually or will that confuse OMV in any way?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess i need to move proftpd to after the network manager?

No, i wouldn't think of that, the lsb tags indicate that $network is required to start. Network mounts as nfs occur at runlevel S network should already be available at level 2345. Might me a problem with dns though and that might involve the network manager. Your connection uses static or dynamic ip for WAN?

Should i do this manually or will that confuse OMV in any way?

You don't do that manually you use init overrides or,
    an easier way one is to put service start proftpd at /etc/rc.local

• Zitat

No, i wouldn't think of that, the lsb tags indicate that $network is required to start. Network mounts as nfs occur at runlevel S network should already be available at level 2345. Might me a problem with dns though and that might involve the network manager. Your connection uses static or dynamic ip for WAN?

You were right, it was indeed a DNS issue. I did not configure my router as static DNS. OMV set it up as it's DNS when getting the IP from DHCP.
    After staticaly putting it's IP as the DNS to ask, it works fine now.

Thanks!!

• I have the same issue but my OMV gets a statis IP from my Router-DHCP.

It cannot resolve the masquerade address.

Any idea?

Before it worked... maybe it's because of fail2ban? I installed it last week and after that some problems occured (FTP doesn't start up, VPN doesn't work sometimes)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!