Plex Metadata not downloading/updating

• Hello all.
    I'm having an issue with plex not downloading/updating the metadata/images for my movies.
    I've done a lot of research and nothing I found has helped. I even renamed all my files to fit the IMDB naming convention.

Does anyone have any clues to what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,
    Fill

• The plex.tv forum might be a better place to look if you haven't already.

<a href="https://forums.plex.tv" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">forums.plex.tv</a>

Thanks, that's a good idea, but I think this is an OMV settings related issue since I don't experience this anomaly on my windows machine (if I was to install the Plex service on it).

• I'm running PMS on OMV and I didn't have any problems. I will say that PMS is very sensitive to permissions and ownership of the file systems, and scan agent selection and sequencing.

You may want to at least list the things you have tried that didn't work, otherwise you may get numerous suggetsions you have already tried.

What do your Plex logs have to say?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I'm running PMS on OMV and I didn't have any problems. I will say that PMS is very sensitive to permissions and ownership of the file systems, and scan agent selection and sequencing.

You may want to at least list the things you have tried that didn't…

You just answered it! I didn't think of permissions (as I'm new to Linux).
    I added the 'plexmediaserver/' directory to shared folders and reset permissions and wallaa!!! It works!!!

Thank you!!!! ^^

• This is not correct what you did. The plexmediaserver folder is not a media share folder. It has a different chown and perms.

When you create a shared folder the default chown is root:root. The default chown for this plexmediaserver folder should be plex:plex. I suspect your selection from the dropdown is giving this folder recursively a chmod of 777. BAD....

*** I do not recommend anyone follow the information above. ***

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!