MPD (Music Player Daemon) plugin

• Okay, I'm not clear on exactly what you are trying to do. When you say 'using your Android phone', do you mean using it as a control point, to control playback where the audio comes out of the odroid, or do you mean using it as a remote endpoint, where audio comes out of the phone?

For the former, I was trying to ascertain whether your ALSA setup works or not. For this, you can you use aplay to test the output from your odroid. Did you do this? Does alsamixer work? Do you have multiple outputs?

For the latter, I do not have experience with this setup, but your earlier error message seems to indicate that you need to specify bitrate and quality for the http server output. See the mpd documentation for more info.
    However, when you posted your mpd.conf, it is configured with an ALSA output. What error message do you receive then?

• Maybe I didn't explain myself properly.

What I want is listen my music with my phone from an external network connection.

I use MDP pluging.

If I just change the OTUPUT Conifg from ALSA to HTTP Stream, letting the bitrate and the restof options untouched, I get this error:

So that's why I need help.

Anyway I have no Linux distro at home, and wasn't able to try Aplay, but I found a MPD client for windows and I didn't was able to reproduce any sound in my PC, even if I changed ALSA to the rest of configs in the OUTPUT section, through the webGUI, I got same error message, almost in every config, and in the few ones that do not get error, I was unable to produce any sound (for example: libao).

Any suggestion?

Regards.

• I can't do what you request.

If I try setting the Output of MPD plugin with HTTP stream option, I get errors everytime, no matter the rest of parameters I set.

The error is the same all the time, and I have copied two times here.

I do not know what else to say nor what other information do anybody requieres to find a solution.

I do not know if there is anyone that can use this plugin and listen to their music.

I would appreciate any suggestion, maybe there is another plugin...

Anyway I really apreciate your efforts to help me.

Rergards.

• You posted your mpd.conf once already, I don't understand what is now preventing you from doing that again, but unfortunately I'm unable to help you any further. I suggest you look for something else (subsonic?) or look into mpd for yourself.

• Hi everyone

It's been a long time somebody posted here, however I'm just now trying out the plugin and I get the same errors as joaquinain.
    For reference, here's my mpd.conf:

Please note that I tried both http and shoutcast as server.
    I tried different formats including Default, nothing seems to work.

Are there any "extra" configs needed for network usage?
    It's a standard use case with the NAS in my home network FWIW.

I'm thankful for any hints.

• Depends what the exact error you are getting is.
    I have never used the http or shoutcast outputs with mpd, so am unable to advise, but it looks like a problem with mpd rather than the plugin, per se - are you able to get mpd working when configuring outside the plugin?

• are you able to get mpd working when configuring outside the plugin?

I just gave it a try and indeed it does something:

Code
    $ mpd
    listen: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed: Address already in use (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded)
    output: No "audio_output" defined in config file
    output: Attempt to detect audio output device
    output: Attempting to detect a alsa audio device
    output: Successfully detected a alsa audio device

This way I can connect to the server but there is no music available.
    As opposed to ALSA output, where music is available and playable but there is no sound (on the client, the server is headless/speakerless).

Any idea?

• I just gave it a try and indeed it does something:

Code
    $ mpd
    listen: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed: Address already in use (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded)
    output: No "audio_output" defined in config file
    output: Attempt to detect audio output device
    output: Attempting to detect a alsa audio device
    output: Successfully detected a alsa audio device

This way I can connect to the server but there is no music available.
    As opposed to ALSA output, where music is available and playable but there is no sound (on the client, the server is headless/speakerless).

That log output sounds like you don't have an audio output configured.

In addition, your last line sounds like you are using MPD on the OMV server, with and MPD client on another machine, and you are expecting the audio to come out of the speakers on your client machine. That is not how MPD works - audio outputs are on the server, so obviously with a speakerless OMV machine, you will not hear any audio output. At least not with traditional outputs like ALSA.

• That log output sounds like you don't have an audio output configured.

In addition, your last line sounds like you are using MPD on the OMV server, with and MPD client on another machine, and you are expecting the audio to come out of the speakers on your client machine. That is not how MPD works - audio outputs are on the server, so obviously with a speakerless OMV machine, you will not hear any audio output. At least not with traditional outputs like ALSA.

I tried the config described here, then the output contains just the "listen: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600'..." line:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/ind…and_tricks#HTTP_Streaming

Should be able to use it just as a headless server but the usage is not really convenient because you have to connect both the 6600 and 8000 port (control and stream) separately:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/ind…cecast#Streaming_with_MPD
    I tried the sonata steps but it lags and crashes pretty hard...
    Dunno, maybe I just got the url wrong (not sure if I have to add something like x.x.x.x:8000/mpd.{ogg,m3u,mp3,...}).

Anyway thanks for your help.

• That (just the 'listen: bind to 0.0.0.0:6600' message, nothing about missing audio outputs in the logs) sounds like it is working then - now you need to connect to http://x.x.x.x:8000/mpd.ogg to hear the stream (assuming you used the Arch Wiki example verbatim, i.e. with Ogg Vorbis output). But as I say, I have never used the httpd output module myself so have not tested.

• Is this plugin also available in omv 3? Can't find it in plugins on omv 3
    Can it be installed without the plugin or can it be installed with the plugin from omv 2? I used this plugin with no problems on omv 2 on a banana-pi.
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this plugin also available in omv 3?

Nope. It hasn't been ported. I have no idea if it is going to be ported or not. The OMV 2 will not work on OMV 3.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm confused because it is listed in the omv.extras 3.x stable.
    I will try to install it without plugin

This is probably because I ported to OMV 3 early on, in v3.something before some major change occurred in 3.somethingBigger.
    You should still be able to install mpd itself without the plugin, as that it just pure debian.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm confused because it is listed in the omv.extras 3.x stable.

The automated script doesn't remove the plugin from the listing on the omv-extras page when it is removed from bintray. But, I have said before that if there is no version, then the plugin is not installable.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!