Naughty plugins that start services...

• I installed a ton of plugins in my developmental OMV install in a virtual machine, and have noticed that several of them then show up as the services running when the interface reloads, despite the plugin not being enabled via the OMV interface. This is likely due to the postinst script not disabling the service in the main package - Debian services otherwise start as soon as they are installed, but a good OMV plugin should override this until the user explicitly enables the service.

I thought it might be useful to keep a list of this, so the plugins I have noticed showing this behaviour are:

• Calibre
    • Mcmyadmin
    • OpenVPN
    • PlexMediaServer
    • Shairport
    • PXE

Also, I haven't fully investigated this, and it might just of course be down to a broken plugin that reports it is running when it isn't.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is probably a broken status. Quite a few plugins use the no-start flag in the debian/rules files (including calibre)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• PXE

Also, I haven't fully investigated this, and it might just of course be down to a broken plugin that reports it is running when it isn't.

I can answer for PXE, since PXE has no enable flag itself (PXE provides no Daemon!), the status in the service overview is nonsense.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!