Extremely Slow speeds

• I am runing OpenMediaVault in a VM with two of my 8 cores dedicated to it, and a gig of memory. While copying some files to it, I am using about 4% of the CPU and 12% of the total memory. Currently the transfer speed is a wopping 350 KB/s

I am using 4 1.5TB hard drives in RAID5. In system information, it is telling me I am running version 0.2.7.4 but there are no more updates in the update manager, and I do see the 0.3 version on the website here. I am just curious if anyone could have any insight or ideas as to why this is going so slow. Occasionally it will get a more "normal speed" around 1 megabyte/s or so, but its usually less.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

• I am just using SMB/CIFS shares. Nothing special. The software is running on a virtual machine with all the hard drives added as disc's. I then simply connect them to my other computers on my network as "Network Drives". I have other computer with other hard drives I can access and I get normal speeds depending on the hard drives. Usually anywhere from 20-80 MB/s, just depending on whats happening.

But everything is going through a gigabit network. I have tried this by copying something ON the share to somewhere else on the same share, and also from different locations outside of the share with similar results

Thanks for the quick reply!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!