Error during installation

• I tried to do a new installation of OMV so I downloaded the latest image and created a USB drive with WIN32 disk imager. However the installation keeps failing on copy files, every time it hits about 50% the screen turns red and it tells me the installation failed. I couldn't see any other threads on this so I'm guessing I'm the only one?

• Btw this is the last part of the log.

• Update: I have tried using several USB sticks to install from and using a USB hard drive and thumb drive to install to. I thought it might be the image so tried an older version but all have the same problem. As soon as the copying data step of the installation reaches 58%, boom red screen....

• In the tutorial the guide says it's experimental and not supported. What will I get myself into taking that approach?
    I downloaded the regular ISO from the download page. That page says it was last updated in june, it seems unlikely that the file has been corrupt since june and nobody noticed....

• I've done it before too with no problem so I'm surprised it didn't work this time, dit a fresh download a couple of times so I'm sure it can't be the image.

Strange thing i noticed during installation I had only 2 devices connected, the USB install medium and a USB hard drive to install to. It did ask me which device to install to, I think before it didn't because it would already rule out the installation medium.

• I'm not sure, if the installation fails you get a menu which has an option to check the installation CD rom. That failed but I'm not sure if that's because there's an error or if it's simply because I'm not using a CD rom but a usb stick to install from.

I simply have no clue what could be causing this....

• I'm not quite sure how to match the checksum from this program with something in the ISO file. To verify if it could be the ISO I created a VM and installed OMV from the ISO in there. That did not cause any problems during installation. Would that be enough verification that the ISO is correct?

If that is the case then the only problem can be something in the hardware. Since this machine used to run OMV before there are 2 options:
    1. Something changed in the BIOS
    2. Something broke down

Tomorrow I'll have some more time to do some tests.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!