NFS mount permission denied - Which configuration options for NFS shares?

• Hello, I am struggling with setting up an NFS share on OMV. I have OMV running on Proxmox and am trying to share a folder to a stock Ubuntu container. Here is my /etc/exports :

Code
    # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
    #               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
    /export/unsorted 10.10.0.0/24(rw,all_squash,insecure,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

# NFSv4 - pseudo filesystem root
    /export 10.10.0.0/24(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

I selected the settings according to various forums posts. However, I get this error message when trying to mount the share on the client:

Code
    root@beets:~# mount -v -t nfs 10.10.0.110:/export/unsorted /mnt/nfs/unsorted
    mount.nfs: timeout set for Sat Oct 17 21:12:18 2015
    mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4,addr=10.10.0.110,clientaddr=10.10.0.201'
    mount.nfs: mount(2): Permission denied
    mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 10.10.0.110:/export/unsorted

How do I solve this problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It won't work because you need to setup the container in host mode. So the ip the server sees is 10.10.x

try and change the nfs server network host allow to 172.20.0.0/24 which is the docker0 adapter ip. Double check that anyway with ifconfig.

i submitted a feature request to allow
    muliple host per share, hasn't been
    looked yet.

• Hmm, I am not actually using Docker, but a Proxmox LXC Container. Ifconfig of the Container gives me this output:

Showmount -e on the client and host work fine too, the shares are visible from both ends.

• Code
    root@beets:~# mount 10.10.0.110:/export/unsorted /mnt/nfs/unsorted
    mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 10.10.0.110:/export/unsorted
    root@beets:~#

Mounting without any arguments also does not result in success :( I am hanging out in the IRC today, if anyone is available.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!