OpenVPN webgui configuration fails on ARM

• Hey,

I set up OMV on my Raspberry Pi B+ using the RPi image 2.0.15 provided on Sourceforge and run an update/upgrade from the webgui. I also installed OpenVPN manually using apt-get install openvpn and the omv-extras package. The plugin is visible in the webgui, but when I try to apply the configuration (settings like hostname, default gateway etc...) the process takes forever and eventually results in an "communication error". Restarting OMV yields a message that there are still unapplied configuration changes.

I am still new to OMV. How can I verify that the installation of OpenVPN is okay and how can I investigate why the configuration via the webgui isn't working? Can you help me?

Best,
    Aiakos

• Uh, you are probably getting s*** loads of errors. That may account for high cpu on the B+.

Give results of this just so we can see your logs files:

ls -la /var/log

Give this out of curiosity too:

df -h

• Hi,

thanks for the responses! Here are the results of the commands you mentioned:

Regarding your hints about the sd card: Since I use the RaspberryPi image mentioned above, the flash plugin is installed already and there is a data partition which covers the remaining space of the card.

Best,
    Aiakos

• You are right. The flash plugin is in the image. The 2nd partition on the SD card is mounted so there will not be errors. When OMV does not have a data drive or a data partition mounted it will throws errors. Once you have another drive mounted you can unmount that partition, delete it and then extend the root partition if you want. The root partition on the image is pretty small for OMV in my opinion.

Anyway, the links on the other thread will give you some stuff to read.

• As I said, I started with a new installation from the image. Then I installed OpenVPN like I explained in my post above. I am not sure if I haven't made any mistakes there already. However, after that, I changed some settings in the GUI (please find the pictures attached which show how the GUI looks like). Since then I am not able to apply those changes.

• Here are things I see in my config that vary from yours:

In General Settings I have a check mark in PAM Authentication
    In VPN Network I have check mark in Default Gateway
    In DHCP options I put in the router ip for DNS Server
    I don't see your public section but in that field I put my DDNS address that I setup with DynDNS.

• I think first of all we should make sure that OpenVPN is installed correctly and that the connection to the gui / plugin works...

This is the result:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# apt-cache policy openvpn
    openvpn:
      Installed: 2.2.1-8+deb7u3
      Candidate: 2.2.1-8+deb7u3
      Version table:
     *** 2.2.1-8+deb7u3 0
            500 http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main armhf Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!