Seafile plugin for OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nobody has mentioned working on a seafile plugin. Why not run it in a docker? There are plenty of pre-made seafile dockers and the docker gui plugin is working well.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nobody has mentioned working on a seafile plugin. Why not run it in a docker? There are plenty of pre-made seafile dockers and the docker gui plugin is working well.

Is there at all any strategi what way OMV is going related to the "own" cloud? Did anybody manage to get Seafile running with the docker gui plugin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

My OMV boxes are my "own" cloud. I use ssh and scp :) There is also a webdev plugin that allows for a lot of the owncloud features (just no gui). There is btsync and syncthing as well. Even the remotedesktop plugin might qualify.

Pretty sure people are using owncloud in docker. Not sure why seafile wouldn't work. OMV running a docker isn't any different than another system running a docker. I would just try the docker gui plugin in a vm and then install one of the seafile dockers.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Is there a guide step-by-step how to run Docker in OMV?
    I'm new to Docker. I downloaded the image and got the container runs, but don't how to launch the OS such as Ubuntu.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you trying to get to a gui? If so, that is not what docker is for. You just run services like seafile. Most of the services have a web interface or ports open to administer them. If you want a gui, you need a virtual machine like Virtualbox.

• Actually no.
    I'm try to install one of the web service called 'snipe-it', but I got stuck.
    Can you explain 'exposed port', 'host port', 'custom port'?
    I got only port 80 in the drop-down list available under 'exposed port?

Thanks.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Actually, I don't know much about docker. So, hopefully someone can answer your question.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!