IS there a Calibre Gui??

• So I looked everywhere i could to find an answer but I can't so im asking! I am coming off of Calibre for windows. It has teh book downloading web interface and then it has an administration type interface for setting up preferences for book conversion, passwords, file types, etc... Does the plugin here have a GUI like that or is it just command line based to setup all the conversions etc? I had tons of issues trying to get the plugin to work and then it does, but it seems a little underwhelming to say the least. I was hoping to use OMV for all my downloading, streaming, and serving needs, but it really seems like setting Calibre up from the command line is a huge PITA. Can anyone shine some light on the subject for me? Maybe its as simple as running one of the python scripts or something and Im just lame.. I sure hope i am lame.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Guess I'm not sure what you are looking for?? The plugin can only expose what is available to the non-gui client. Not much else I can do...

What problems were you having setting up the plugin? What do you have to setup from the command line? If you want all of the features that you are used to on Windows, install the remotedesktop plugin and start the gui client.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As far as installation problems, I'm not really sure what was going on. It wouldn't start the service after installation. I went in and uninstalled it, found every folder with a Calibre name on it and recreated its shared folder again and I was able to eventually get it to install.

I want to setup things like conversion of file types to just EPUB. Library connection logins and passwords. Just normal stuff i guess that you would setup through the gui.

I have the remotedesktop plugin. What file do I run to start the GUI client? Going through the remote desktop plugin and running the calibre file from its opt/calibre/ folder. There it ran the welcome wizard and gave me the familiar interface, but It appears to be completely different than what shows in the plugin. Using the Gui I imported a book into the calibre library. It shows up in calibre GUI that way.

When I open the web interface from the plugin, there are no books listed. If I import a book through the plugin, using the shared folder import it will show up there, but then not in the Calibre Gui. What Am i missing here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure. I don't use calibre or have it installed. Try: /opt/calibre/calibre or may something in /opt/calibre/bin/. It is possible some of the gui dependencies are missing as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Okay. So the plugin as it stands is a basic implementation for people to create a simple calibre library.

One last question does . the import function support auto import or is the import in the plugin just manual importing?

Thanks for your help!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Okay. So the plugin as it stands is a basic implementation for people to create a simple calibre library.

The plugin is an implementation of the calibre-server binary. You can't make a plugin of the gui binary. Have you looked at the web interface? It has quite a few features. I know it is nowhere near as many as the gui though.

One last question does . the import function support auto import or is the import in the plugin just manual importing?

It imports when you pick a shared folder and click the button. It imports everything it can in that folder. I assume that is what you mean by manual.

• BY web interface are you meaning the one installed from the plugin? It just allows me to download stuff from the library not really control anything.

I am really looking for a way to do the following:

1) Autoadd files from a given folder whenever a file is present. - Guess i can setup a cron job for that.
    2.) Autoconvert files to an EPUB format as thats the format i use. -

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - You would definitely need to add a cron job for that.
    2 - Only the gui converts the files. People have asked for that before and as far as I can tell, it can't be done with the server binary.

• One option I tried was to install the GUI on another computer and then point it to the library folder using SMB. However I received ab error about read only database which makes sense since the config and metadata.db files are owned by calibre with group users but the permissions are set as 755.

My SMB user is part of users so in theory I should be able to CHMOD them to 775 and it should solve that problem. However I don't know what permissions will be set for new books created via the Windows GUI client writing to the SMB share.

I will get a chance to test this out this weekend and report back hopefully.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!