After PHP Upgrade, OMV doesn't work

• Hi

Last week i have updated my owncloud installation to 8.2. owncloud is self installed and not with your plugin. After the update, I've seen a message in the owncloud admin center that the actual php version is not recommended. i've updated php from 5.4 to 5.5. That worked and the message disappeared in the owncloud admin center.

Today I wanted login in the OMV admin center, butI have a 403 Forbidden. Also no omv commands are available on the CLI.

Here is an output with the installed software:
    root@OMV01:/# dpkg --list | grep openm
    rc openmediavault 2.1.17 all Open network attached storage solution
    rc openmediavault-backup 1.0.11 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc openmediavault-jdownloader 1.0.10 all OpenMediaVault Jdownloader plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.4 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-mysql 1.0.16 all MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2.7 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

root@OMV01:/# dpkg --list | grep php
    rc php-apc 3.1.13-1 amd64 APC (Alternative PHP Cache) module for PHP 5
    ii php-json-schema 0.2.0 all PHP implementation of JSON schema
    ii php-pear 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 all PEAR - PHP Extension and Application Repository
    ii php-xml-parser 1.3.4-6 all PHP PEAR module for parsing XML
    ii php5 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 all server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (metapackage)
    ii php5-apcu 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 apcu module for php5
    ii php5-cgi 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (CGI binary)
    ii php5-cli 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 command-line interpreter for the php5 scripting language
    ii php5-common 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 Common files for packages built from the php5 source
    ii php5-curl 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 CURL module for php5
    ii php5-fpm 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (FPM-CGI binary)
    ii php5-gd 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 GD module for php5
    ii php5-intl 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 internationalisation module for php5
    ii php5-ldap 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 LDAP module for php5
    ii php5-mcrypt 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 MCrypt module for php5
    ii php5-mysqlnd 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 MySQL module for php5 (Native Driver)
    rc php5-pam 1.0.3-2 amd64 pam module for PHP 5
    ii php5-pgsql 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 PostgreSQL module for php5
    rc php5-proctitle 0.1.2-2 amd64 proctitle module for PHP 5
    ii php5-sqlite 5.5.30-1~dotdeb+7.1 amd64 SQLite module for php5

But jdownloader / msqly works fine.

How can I reinstall openmediavault without data loss? When I will install with apt-get i receive the following error:

root@OMV01:/# apt-get install openmediavault
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault : Depends: php5-pam but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: php5-proctitle but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages

Thank you for your support, and sorry for my english.

• apt-get --purge remove php*

say yes to any prompts

apt-get install openmediavault
    Then install your plugins again. The configs are still there. That is what the rc means.

When you installed the newer version of php it removed openmediavault because php 5.4 was removed. That is how the debian control file works.

If you want to run this new version of ownCloud do it in a docker container with the docker plugin.

• I've tried the first command:

The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    acpid beep ca-certificates-java collectd collectd-core cpufrequtils cron-apt dbconfig-common fontconfig fontconfig-config gdisk hdparm ifenslave-2.6 java-common libaio1 libasound2 libasyncns0 libatk-wrapper-java
    libatk-wrapper-java-jni libatk1.0-0 libatk1.0-data libcairo2 libcap-ng0 libcpufreq0 libcups2 libdatrie1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libdbi1 libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdrm2 libffi5 libfile-copy-recursive-perl
    libflac8 libfontconfig1 libgd2-xpm libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-common libgif4 libgl1-mesa-glx libglapi-mesa libglib2.0-0 libgtk2.0-0 libgtk2.0-common libice6 libicu48 libjasper1
    libjavascript-minifier-xs-perl libjpeg8 libjs-extjs5 libjson-perl libjson0 liblcms2-2 liblocale-po-perl libltdl7 libmagic1 libmcrypt4 libmysqlclient18 libnspr4 libnss3 libntfs10 libogg0 libonig2 libossp-uuid16
    libpango1.0-0 libperl4-corelibs-perl libperl5.14 libpixman-1-0 libpq5 libpulse0 libqdbm14 librrd4 libsctp1 libsensors4 libsm6 libsndfile1 libsnmp-base libsnmp15 libt1-5 libtalloc2 libtdb1 libthai-data libthai0
    libtiff4 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libvpx1 libwbclient0 libx11-6 libx11-data libx11-xcb1 libxau6 libxcb-glx0 libxcb-render0 libxcb-shm0 libxcb1 libxcomposite1 libxcursor1 libxdamage1 libxdmcp6 libxext6 libxfixes3
    libxft2 libxi6 libxinerama1 libxpm4 libxrandr2 libxrender1 libxslt1.1 libxtst6 libxxf86vm1 lsof lvm2 monit mysql-client-5.5 mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.5 mysql-server-core-5.5 nginx nginx-common
    nginx-full ntfs-3g openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless pm-utils proftpd-basic proftpd-mod-vroot python-apt-common python3 python3-apt python3-minimal python3.2 python3.2-minimal quotatool rrdcached rrdtool samba
    samba-common samba-common-bin sdparm shared-mime-info smartmontools snmpd socat testdisk tftpd-hpa ttf-dejavu-core tzdata-java update-inetd uuid wpasupplicant x11-common xmlstarlet
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    mywebsql* owncloud* owncloud-config-apache* owncloud-server* php-apc* php-json-schema* php-pear* php-xml-parser* php5* php5-apcu* php5-cgi* php5-cli* php5-common* php5-curl* php5-fpm* php5-gd* php5-intl* php5-ldap*
    php5-mcrypt* php5-mysqlnd* php5-pam* php5-pgsql* php5-proctitle* php5-sqlite*
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 24 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    After this operation, 132 MB disk space will be freed.

This will delete php and also owncloud. This is right? It's not possible only delete php without owncloud?

And also thank for the hint with the docker plugin. It's not a problem to migrate my owncloud data and mysql db to the docker container? Or will only owncloud run in the docker and the data and mysql db will run on the debian self?

• It is going to remove the packages that are listed after "The following packages will be REMOVED:". The others it says are no longer needed will not be removed. Lots of them will be needed once OMV is installed again. You don't have any choice. You need to uninstall owncloud. Run it via the Docker plugin like I suggested. You cannot have this newer version of php on your OMV. But it will be installed in Docker with Owncloud.

• Ok, I will remove php and owncloud. Will then the owncloud config files also deleted, or only the application?
    It's possible that i can install openmediavault and owncloud after the remove on the debian system. And everything should work like before? I know I will have the message in the owncloud admin center. But it will works.

• I really recommend removing all of owncloud even if it works. They are using newer packages that are not used on OMV 2.x yet. You will likely have lots of errors unless you are using these newer packages like php 5.5.... Learn how to use Docker plugin for owncloud so you don't make your system unstable.

PS- These newer packages we will not see til OMV 3.x based on Jessie.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!