OMV overwrites my nginx config

• Hello,

security is very important for me so i added some nginx ssl config lines from

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    to the vhost configuration

The problem is that OMV very often overwrites these files. It does not see my changes.

Another problem: The OMV owncloud config says Port 443 is already in use. But it is not. I can change the port in the nginx vhost config and it works.

Is there a way to lock them? In my opinion OMV should either itself write more sucure config files or (better) recognize my changes on the config files.

Best regards,
    Bierkistenschlepper

• Offizieller Beitrag

Every config file that OMV controls is completely overwritten. That is just the way OMV works. Nothing new.

For nginx, you should add a file to write your config in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/nginx.d or try the nginx plugin or use a docker.

For owncloud, don't use the plugin if you want to manually alter the config file.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think I have a workaround!

Create a cronjob to copy the config file (your modified file) into the nginx folder and restart nginx.
    Run as "root" and select "after each restart".

Add this in the command line (modifying the path):

Code
    cp /var/myfiles/config/openmediavault-owncloud /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-owncloud && service nginx restart

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yuck... Since the owncloud plugin is not being maintained anymore and the mkconf files won't change, you could just change the /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/owncloud and/or /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/nginx.d/owncloud file to do what you want instead. No more cron job needed.

Just a warning now though... If you ever want to move to OMV 3.x, you will have to end your dependence on the owncloud plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

The beta is being tested now. No idea when it will be stable. OMV 3.x involves moving to Debian Jessie and systemd which is a significant change.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!