[SOLVED] How to install MiniDLNA? Install 3rd Party Plugins

• Apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious here, but I can't find any information on this, and all the links seem to point to the old (dead) forums.

I've set up OMV, but have no idea how to install MiniDLNA on the machine. I'm on 0.4.6, but under the Plugins page, there is no mention of MiniDLNA in the available plugins, even when I click Check.

If someone could tell me how I get DLNA up and running I'd be really grateful - it's the main reason I'm looking to move over from FreeNAS to this software.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to install the omv-plugins.org plugin first. After you install that plugin, your plugin list will be much longer and minidlna will be on the list.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You need to start a root ssh session to omv with putty and do the follwing commands. FYI, you can copy and paste the long lines into the ssh session. Also the long line in the code box is one command, not 2, and make sure you copy the whole line:

cd /home

Code
    wget http://packages.omv-plugins.org/pool/main/o/openmediavault-omvpluginsorg/openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.4~10.gbp5bae63_all.deb

dpkg -i openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.4~10.gbp5bae63_all.deb
    rm openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.4~10.gbp5bae63_all.deb
    exit

then log into omv and go to System/OMV-plugins.org (you should have this icon now)
    put a check into stable and click on ok.
    then go to System/Plugins and your third party plugins should be there.

ATTENTION- these instructions are for .4.x (fedaykin) omv. so please don't make any mistakes ppl.

• Brilliant, thanks guys. I'm up and running now, although I've just discovered that PS3's don't natively play MKV files which is irritating. Add to that their lack of support for 5.1 AC3 unless it's in a .vob container, and my only option would be transcoding via PS3 MS, which I don't have the CPU grunt for anyways. My kingdom for decent native file support on some devices!

• Hi,

PS3 supports H264/AC3 5.1 in mp4 container.

If you don't want to install a DLNA transcodind server, you can demux your MKV file with ffmpeg (tooks me 20s for video & 10s for audio), and then remux them in a mp4 conteiner (i used meGui, but there are solutions on Linux too ;) )

Hope this helps...

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups