How to troubleshoot when the issue locks me out of gui and shell

• Hi all,

I have 1.19 installed on a kvm guest, has been running fine for a year

In the last week the machine has started getting itself into a strange state. My passwords won't work to log on to the shell, and the gui either does not load at all or does not accept my credentials. I have tried restoring the last working snapshot I have, and after 2 minutes or so it starts doing the same (although in that 2 minutes I can log in to the shell/gui, before it then starts to play up again). Some things (like plex) still appear to work, but I can't do much troubleshooting without access to any tools.

I also have a second machine which should use nfs to transfer new files to my media library, but I can't connect to those shares (before the 2 minute failings too). I have samba running though and that works ok.

If I reboot I still can't log in, but now nothing runs either (I suspect because the accounts they are supposed to run with are no longer valid..), in some cases I start to see errors on the screen:

update /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/load/load.rrd

although I can't seem to replicate this right now.

In the gui I can see all my disks have plenty of space, and memory/cpu usage doesn't look too bad and nothing in 'top' looks odd. I've even managed to do an fsck - But I'm afraid that is the end of my skills.

Can anyone suggest some course of action?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like something with the virtual hard drive the OS is installed on is corrupt. I would upgrade to OMV 2.x if you can. Otherwise, I would look in syslog/dmesg for any errors. If you can't find anything, I would try creating a new VM of OMV (before killing other VM) to see if you get similar results.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had some errors when I tried to upgrade, but will give it another go.

Is there any easy way of picking up the config for my omv and moving it to a new VM? I also have some lvm config - would I need to export/import this separately?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, there is no export right now.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!