Recent updates fail and cause system failure

• Been running OMV on a small 2009 Acer Revo with a aftermarket 128ssd for over 4 months ( Stoneburner). There have been no newer hardware changes. The web GUI never comes back up after reboot. The first time I tried a few things but gave up and reloaded the system from fresh install and I lost my shares.. After reload, I did the update manager, it does 1 round of updates with no issues. Another update check and it errors out about no able to contact update manager. Reboot system and GUI never comes back. The unit is no longer on the network and router shows that MAC ID offline. Hooked up to a screen it gets past the GRUB boot loader but eventually ends at " /bin/sh: can't access tty: job control turned off (initramfs)"

Now i'm comfortable enough to run a few Ubuntu systems here and RAS PI and primary use OS X but this is beyond me. Sadly I just have a few SMB shares mounted to OS X and Windows boxes for moving stuff around and a repository for Plex server running on a mac. I fear OMV may prove to unstable for my level on expertise. Unless someone here would has a solution or is willing to invest some time. I may need to seek out another Media share solution.

• After being off all night, I turned it on and it boots and allows web GUI though there were some I/O errors on the console view on the screen i have temporarily hooked into. I can SSH into as well.
    results of df-h
    root@OMV:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs 106G 1.1G 100G 2% /
    udev 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 277M 276K 277M 1% /run
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/92548d1e-776c-4cc0-8db5-3271621b9c08 106G 1.1G 100G 2% /
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 1.5G 0 1.5G 0% /run/shm

This SSD isn't that old, less than a year but it is a cheap aftermarket ssd.

• Hi guys,
    I am having something similar.

For the 2nd time in the last couple of days;
    - everything humming alone nicely
    - next morning,
    all web based services are dead. this includes omv gui and webmin (so both apache and ngnix based services)
    no SSH or telnet connections
    - backup hard disk activity led is fading slowly on-off every second
    - nfs services are still functional....i.e. all data is accessible from client

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!