Move settings from Windows to OMV for SABnzbd, SickRage and CouchPotato

• Hi, I have recently built me a NAS and installed OMV on it.
    Now I am trying to learn how to best set up everything and I am slowly learning.

I have installed Sabnzbd, CouchPotato and Sickrage on it (I had to start with Sickbeard and change it to SickRage for some reason).

Now to my current problem. I would like to reuse my settings and history from the Windows installation of these three tools.
    I started with a backup of Sickrage and moved it to a share where I could point the Restore task to.
    But no backups were found, probably because the windows backup created a zip-file while a .gz was expected.
    I tried to do a quick and dirty fix by creating a backup and replace the content with the things from the zip-file. That failed. Probably becuase of wrong privilages...

Can this be done or should I just recreate everything again? Would be nice to keep all Sabnzbd history though.
    The different problems have been:
    SickRage: Backup not found, tried with a zip-file and unpacked backup, no go.
    SABnzbd: "Communication Failure" or "Bad Gateway"
    CouchPotato: Here I cannot add the path to my backup.

• Depends on the app. NZBGet, for example, has a built in backup and restore tool that is dead simple. Sonarr has a backup tool but not a one click restore tool. No idea on CP, Sab, or Sickrage as I don't use them.

My gut tells me that you should not spend too much time worrying about it and just re-set them up manually. :)

• Thanks. I may end up with that.

I actually solved CouchPotato, I could copy the settings with winSCP to the correct path, set the privileges and then enable the tool and it works.
    And SickRage had a built in tool for backup and restore . I did actually use that when I took the backup (duh). Thanks for reminding me.
    Thanks for reminding me of that.
    So now I only have to figure out hot to import everything into SABnzbd too. - It is very useful to be able to search for old things there...
    Or I can set it up as a new one and search for old stuff in the other instance. We'll see how it ends.

• Setting up a program like CP, etc. takes at worst 5 minutes so I wouldn't stress about it too much. It's mostly just tracking down the API's for your indexers. Sometimes it's good to start fresh as you'll see new settings in your apps that you didn't even know about. :)

• Yea, CP is the least problem. It is actually Sabnzbd I most want to keep the history for, cuz I have had use for it once in a while.
    And that is the one I have not yet solved.
    But I guess I can work around that...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!