Serve web UI from subdirectory & Wordpress blog from web root

• Hello all,
    Is there any way to change the default Nginx behaviour to be able to serve my wordpress site as it was in the root (using 'domain.no-ip.org' instead of 'domain.no-ip.org/wordpress/') while keeping the access to the webGUI available through, for example 'domain.no-ip.org/admin/'?

I edited the /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webui file changing the root parameter from /var/www/openmediavault/ to /var/www/wordpress/ (which is a symlink to the directory where wordpress stands) and that works, but I completely lose the access to the webGUI. So I think there has to be another "cleaner" option instead of this sh*t. :S

EDIT: I had an idea, but I'm not sure if it would work since I'm not a web guru. Could it be possible to create another file in the sites-available folder to serve ONLY the webGUI and keeping the original openmediavault-webUI with the code which now is in openmediavault-wordpress-site? Would that work?
    (nevermind if that method is a stupidity, I could try to do it this way and test-error while changing things without being completely sure if that would do the job)

Thanks in advance!

Guillem.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lord Wektabyte ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Put the omv interface on a different port and install the nginx plugin and wordpress manually like this. Do you really need the admin interface as a subdirectory?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried to run it as Ryecoaaron said; I also replied to the thread I think... But I tried to avoid typing the port following Subzero's guide but it worked only in LAN, not from the internet.

Do you really need the admin interface as a subdirectory?

The thing is that I want people to see my blog without having to type a subdirectory. So it's easier for them and not a hassle for me to enter the webGUI, maybe once a month, through a subdirectory.

I think I'll go with this workaround even if I lose access to the webGUI (maybe a security feature not having the GUI exposed to the public)

I edited the /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webui file changing the root parameter from /var/www/openmediavault/ to /var/www/wordpress/ (...)

I tested that it works and fulfills more or less my needs at the moment.

Thanks for your attention both Aaron and Subzero!

Greetings
    Guillem.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just did a quick test with syncthing webui with reverse proxy from wan an it worked. Maybe the wordpress needs more parameters. In your case i think you need another free domain, so one for wordpress another one for omv. Or better one get a full domain, so you can handle multiple prefixes with different services (like omv.gsola.com and wordpress.gsola.com and so on). I got some .de for 7 dollars a year. Some of them are cheaper than that.

• You mean redirecting a free domain directly to the subdirectory? I'll investigate and I'll also have a look at full domains...

Thanks Sub!

My NAS:

Plugin list:

Zitat

• Ok. Thank you!

My NAS:

Plugin list:

Zitat

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!