nginx cannot start with error in fastcgi_param

• i tried to install OMV on debian 8.2, with the guide here, but i get an error on the last step
    [Guide] Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 8.x (Jessie) TESTING - EXPERIMENTAL

nginx cannot start with this error
    root@mediaserver:/home/ds# systemctl status nginx.service
    ● nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since zo 2015-11-15 13:45:07 CET; 10s ago
    Process: 1445 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t -q -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

nov 15 13:45:07 mediaserver nginx[1445]: nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in "fastcgi_param" directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui:25
    nov 15 13:45:07 mediaserver nginx[1445]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    nov 15 13:45:07 mediaserver systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    nov 15 13:45:07 mediaserver systemd[1]: Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.
    nov 15 13:45:07 mediaserver systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
    root@mediaserver:/home/ds#

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV does not work on Jessie...

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need Debian Wheezy which won't recognize your card either. You have a couple of options.

1 - Install a temporary network card that OMV/Wheezy has drivers for and then install the backports 3.16 kernel
    2 - Install on a different system, install the backports 3.16 kernel, and move drive back to target system.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install omv-extras and then click the install backports button in the Kernel tab of omv-extras.

• ok, done that
    but, it runs fine on my desktop

but on my nas i cannot get past the dhcp request line. It started once and i was able to access it, but after omv-repair and a reboot i only see this
    bound to 192.168.1.105, dhcp renewal in 2318 seconds

it hangs there, nothing happens
    when i put the usb back in my desktop it runs fine

• Hi,

I did the exact same process today (installing a fresh Jessie with OVM on top of it) and got the same issue with nginx but in fact the wiki just miss a single step to get everything up and running.

As systemctl status shows, there is a few missing arguments to fastcgi_param in the file /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui

So just edit it to have it look like the 10webgui one:

Code
    location ~ \.php$ {
            try_files $uri = 404;
            fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
            fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock;
            fastcgi_index index.php;
            fastcgi_read_timeout 60s;
            include fastcgi_params;
            fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        }

And tadam :)

I haven't tried it much further yet but the web interface is reachable and so far, it seems to work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!