ZFS Plugin Causing Apply Issues on 3.16-Backports and 3.2 - Clean Install

• Hello Group,

This is my first post. I've been going back and forth between Freenas and OMV and want to get OMV to work properly. My setup is going to be used primarily for an Emby Server and SMB access but I want to use RaidZ1 for this setup. Im using a server mobo with 16gbs of ecc ram.

Followed this guide [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV but can never get everything to work correctly. Even went to Backports Kernal and I am still getting a strange issue. If the ZFS plugin is installed, I run into an error applying anything from enabling SSH to enabling FTP in the web panel. I have to remove the ZFS plugin from the plugins section and then OMV will act normal.

This is the error:

• really weird...

I was able to revert and then ran into a post saying to add a different DNS setting. I went ahead and added googles dns and then tried toggling ssh and it still errored.

At that point my gut said to uninstall zfs and then reinstall it and viola it works.

Hopefully this helps someone.

• There have been quite some problems with ZFS in OMV lately since ZFS on Linux changed their insserv scripts and the ZFS plugin not keeping up with the change (which caused the loop for you in your error message). I do believe that this should be fixed both in the testing and stable versions of the plugin now. Would you mind telling me which version of ZFS plugin/ZFS on Linux you are running now that works?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!