Black Screen after clicking on Install 2.1

• Hi guys!
    I have burned the right version for the hardware and the disk boots to install screen and then a black screen...nothing happens?
    Am I missing something here?
    I have disabled the serial port...

bookie56

• Hi tekkb!
    Well, I first tried a 64bit version and it came up only found 1686 cpu so I downloaded the i386 and it just keeps going to a black screen after clicking on install.
    I have burnt simple cdr's tried two usb's and still get the black screen with a lot of hard drive activity but not ever getting any where...
    Have created a bootable usb with the software you recommend as well...nada

I even changed the system drive...

bookie56

• Hi again!
    Well, I took the 64bit version and installed another server no problem....just need to set up the drives.....
    It is just like it doesn't like the graphics card for some reason....can't see how I can change settings from install menu?

bookie56

• Hi again!
    Well, this is ridiculous...I have tried another graphics card and as the install process goes from install to next stage...I see a little flicker but nothing....
    I haven't got time to waste on this....

bookie56

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there an onboard adapter? Does the monitor go to sleep when it goes black? This isn't a serial port issue. Try booting a debian wheezy cd. I bet it does the same thing.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron!
    No, it doesn't go to sleep but I have tried the old version 0.5 and am getting the same problem....
    I haven't changed any settings in the bios on this old MS 865PEM2...
    It was working fine and I can't think what would be causing it...
    No versions get passed the first welcome screen?

bookie56

• Hi again!
    Well, I'll be a monkeys's uncle....
    I am not sure what was causing it but maybe the ide controller...as soon as I connected a supply to all drives then I got an install screen....
    I know my hard drives and what order so it wasn't a problem choosing the right one to install on....;)
    Now I can concentrate on the four that are left...;)

Thanks for everyone's time on this!

bookie56

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!