OpenMediaVault not bein seen on home network

• Hi guys!

It doesn't matter how often one sets this up...every time I do I do a fresh install this problem comes back to haunt me...

I have added my computers to the home network and the shares are allowed on the home network...

But I can't see them in Windows 7

What am I missing now....

bookie56

• Hi again!
    Yes, mapping the drive works but then it doesn't see the drive if I don't put in the right IP address and if I have several separate folders on that IP address it wants to map them individually...
    I don't want to map each individual folder that I have associated with that address...
    Never had to do this before....

• I don't what's your shared folders map look like.
    This is how the shares should be created:

-Root (/)
    Level 1-- Shared
    Sublevel 1 ---Movies
    Sublevel 2---Apps
    Sublevel 3---Music
    Level 2 --Personal
    Level 3 --Family
    Level 4 --Other

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• As SMB/CIF share I haven't added specific share privileges or ACL privileges....
    I have never looked at that before...is it something I should look at.....?
    Just don't understand why this should be so hard to set up...

bookie56

• Sorry, meant to say I have added a share for each physical drive attached...but then I should see the drives in my network before I map the actual drive...
    I have the same workgroup for all my network servers...always had that...

• Hi guys!
    I thank you for showing the error of my ways...
    I have created two pdf files for the threads that you link to here...I can upload them for those interested in good threads having a good guide that can be downloaded...
    It is my way of saying thank you!

bookie56

• Hi again!
    I have checked all settings...and your guides and I have done everything right...
    I have no other samba server on the network...
    I have even tried turning off my antivirus software...no difference...
    all I can say is this worked on the older 0.5 version and I have wasted many hours on this now....
    I appreciate your help...just don't understand....

bookie56

• Hi again!
    Like I have said before...my even with my antivirus software turned off and that is controlling the windows firewall...I can't see my server....
    I have checked and double checked settings and all are right according to OpenMediaVault....men nada...
    I have six servers with this new version and I can't get access to any of them via smb....
    I can get access if I map them and that isn't acceptable.....
    I will re install this one that I am working on at the moment and if that doesn't work I will have to look for something else....
    I am sorry but I run a business and haven't the time to waste on a product that doesn't work....I have now six servers re installed and can't set up because the computers are not seen on my local network.....
    You could say I am a little bit narked....
    bookie56

• Hi again!
    I have now checked the other computers on my home network and all of them but one is being seen by windows.
    I was jumping the gun when I said they couldn't be seen...just naturally assumed that if one doesn't work why should any of the others....
    I have reinstalled the problem computer and it still isn't seen by windows?
    I can get access to it via web interface but not Windows (yes by mapping the drive)
    How should I be connecting to these computers if not smb?
    bookie56

• Another thing I have noticed with the new version...I can't find an entry for the mac address for my network card?
    I have dd-wrt on my d-link router and all my computers have reserved ip addresses via their mac addresses...I wanted to check the mac address for that computer in the web interface to compare with the one on my router.....
    The fact that I am seeing the computer via the web interface should mean that there is no problem with he network card....but was going to change it to try to eliminate some things...

• haven't the time to waste on a product that doesn't work

all the guys here are telling you samba works on their machines so the problem is maybe on your side not with OMV.
    what I can tell you is that dd-wrt caused me a lot of problems in the past exactly on network mapping with windows machines: I had a dlink DIR300 and everything was good since a dd-wrt firmware version upgrade then nothing worked and the only way to solve was to downgrade to an older version.
    So what I can suggest you is get a spare router with not customized firmware on it ( no dd-wrt ) and make a try

• Ok thanks for your info but I know that my router is working to 100% and don't intend throwing
    away a router that has a problem with one computer...
    I think it might be network card related even if they are working there can be issues...happened before....just need to check the mac address via the router and openmediavault....
    That is why I asked for information about mac addresses via web interface...
    My patience isn't good when I have a ton of work and haven't had issues with older versions of a openmediavault...
    My intention isn't to offend just that I am pressed to fix things in a short time frame...
    And if I offend anyone - then I am big enough and ugly enough to apologise for that...;)

Thanks!

bookie56

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!