delete raid

• Hi!

I have a Raid 1 (2x 4TB) in my system, which is 85% full and still growing.

Now I decided that i want to delete the raid and use the two disk as two normal single discs (I do not need the features of a Raid, because I do a regular backup and high availability is not necessary).

Now my question:

Is there a way to delete the raid and reuse one of the two hard disks as single disc without having to format it ?

Or do i need to format both drives and copy everything on them again after deleting them ?

Is it possible to have the 2x4 GB as 1x8 GB share in OMV? How would you do that? How safe is that in concern of a defective harddisk ?

Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Karl

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would test this in a vm first... A backup is highly recommended too.

Remove one drive from the array with the Remove button in the raid tab. Then wipe the drive in physical disks. Create a filesystem on the newly wiped drive. Copy files to it. Wipe the other drive and create a filesystem. Use unionfilesystems plugin to make drives look like one big drive. Using a union fs, if one drive fails. you only lose the data on that drive.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use ext4 or xfs (and probably others) with the unionfilesystems plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!