Black screen after starting an installation on burned DVD OMV

• Hi,
    I'm not sure to understand what's going on. I Power up the machine, it boots on the DVD then I select install and afterwards everything goes black.
    I already made an installation on the same gears with no problem at all. I tested the DVD on another machine and it's fine.
    I erased everything on the ssd thinking it could be the multiple partitions giving trouble to the OMV setup to start with no success.
    I reseted my BIOS settings to default without success too.
    Like I said, I don't understand why I would get a black screen now and didn't have one before when I installed with an older OMV version.
    I even tried installing an older OMV version I had on DVD with the same problem occuring.
    Did anyone experience this?

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Put the ssd in the machine that the dvd boots on. Upgrade to 3.16 backports kernel. Move the ssd back to the problem machine. Run omv-firstaid to fix network.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I guess it's a workaround, because other than that problem the PC could still load the old OMV installation on the ssd. This before I erased the partitions used PartedMagic.
    Not sure why I didn't think of it before lol. :P
    It might also be lazyness. :P Opening 2 cases to move the BD Rom and SSD.
    Though, I'm still curious about what could cause this...

• Well, deactivating the Serial port didn't do the trick.
    In the end I did copy one HDD to the other using GParted within Partition Magic. I had to shrink the main partition because one disk was bigger than the other.
    I love how any install of linux is not hooked to the system it's installed on.
    I still wonder what could cause this black screen, anyone has an idea?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!