• I have a new router on the way that allows bonding LAN port 1 and 2.

Anything special or any downsides to doing this? I saw you need to delete your current etho config for you to be able to bond it. Any thing I need to worry about other then hitting apply with no etho set up?

• Make sure you plug in the ethernet cable for both ports.
    After you remove the eth0, don't click 'Apply' yet, but create your bond0, then click 'Apply'.
    There are six modes, it's up to you to choose the one that work best for you.
    I believe mode 4, and mode 6 required a switch.

http://www.cloudibee.com/network-bonding-modes/

It sound like the Asus ac88u I have coming should support mode 4. I'm just looking to open up more bandwidth to the server. I believe that's the mode I want. I need to do more reading tho

• LACP bonding won't improve total bandwidth of one stream, so your 36 GB (Grease in Blu-ray) movie transfer won't happen any faster. It will support concurrent connections, so you can browse the internet while your transferring that movie without impacting performance of the transfer. (I am singing Beauty School Drop right now).

It also provides fail over in the even one connection goes down. But it won't split and reassemble files. You won't gain speed per se, only expanded bandwidth with multiple streams.

• LACP bonding won't improve total bandwidth of one stream, so your 36 GB (Grease in Blu-ray) movie transfer won't happen any faster. It will support concurrent connections, so you can browse the internet while your transferring that movie without impacting performance of the transfer. (I am singing Beauty School Drop right now).

It also provides fail over in the even one connection goes down. But it won't split and reassemble files. You won't gain speed per se, only expanded bandwidth with multiple streams.

right so if plex is streaming and I'm moving files to and from other computers I should see improvements. Or plex streaming, syncthing syncing, and files being moved to and from the server. That's the scenarios I would expect to see some improvements right?

• Before I mess things up.
    Do I need to select which is the primary/slave?

Do I need to adjust MII monitoring frequency?
    Down delay doesn't seem applicable for 802.3ad same thing with up delay

Keep ipv4 disabled? same with ipv6

Any of the advanced settings need to be filled in? MTU?

Thanks guys

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!