[SOLVED] Install Issues (v0.4 x64)

• Hey all,

I've been trying to install OpenMediaVault 0.4 AMD64 off and on for the last few weeks and it has been driving me nuts.

-------------------
    Hardware:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    CPU: Intel i3-2100 Socket 1155
    Network Card: Intel CT PCIe 1Gbit
    SAS/SATA Card: LSI 9211-8i (updated firmware / changed to the "IT mode" so it works as just a normal non-raid host bus adapter)

Hard Drives:

- Intel 60GB Solid State (wanting to use this for the OpenMediaVault install) *NOTE: this is the only drive connected to my motherboard SATA port)
    - 4 x 1TB SATAII 7200 RPM (wanting to put them in RAID-5 with one as spare, still on the fence, will think about that later)
    -------------------

I tried to install OpenMediaVault from several different USB sticks and everything seems to be going well until the partition creation (after it detects the drives). Basically I'm getting an error when trying to create the system partition.

Several other things I've tried:

- tried different USB sticks that I booted the install off of
    - switched out the solid state drive with another known good one
    - changed sata cable from solid state drive
    - tried another sata port on the motherboard for the solid state drive
    - used a standard spare sata drive that had a previous windows install on it instead of the solid state drive (got same partition error / issue during install of OMV)
    - made sure motherboard had the sata ports NOT in "raid mode" and acting as a normal sata controller
    - even tried a sata dvd drive and same issue at hand during the install
    - removed LSI SAS/SATA card and network card just to make sure that wasn't somehow causing issues

* NOTE: I also after sort of giving up, installed Windows 7 and it installed and worked fine, didn't seem to have any hardware issues or whatnot... Figured I would do that to see if there was any sort of hardware problems *

I am at a total loss here and would like to thank people in advance for the help. :D

Narfski

• hmm seams like you covered most bases am not sure if you need to do anythign different for a SSD install, one thing to check is what mode the sata is set to in bios achi or ide that might make a difference.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• YES!!!

That's all it seemed to be! Checked in the BIOS and the SATA option was set to IDE, so I switched it to ACHI, rebooted, everything installed fine. I had no idea that SSD's are to be used like that.

Thank you so much chclark!! I probably spent a good 12hrs or so dealing with this lol.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!