SAS Raid Cards

• Am building a new NAS with OMV.... Got an Asrock C2550 board and someone donated 3 very nice SAS
    8tb drives they ordered by mistake and I now need a compatible RAID SAS card.... Anyone having luck with this..??
    I saw one post for a Highpoint card..... May want to stick these drives in an external enclosure.... Highpoint has a
    model called 2711 but can't find anything related to that one using OMV &/or that Asrock board.....????
    Any help would be GREAT.....!!!!! How about the LSI cards..... They are generally more $$ and seems like DOC's are a little lacking too .......
    The Gator

• The Highpoint raid controllers are not supported by Debian by default. (That I could find documentation on) You would have to download the BIOS and build a module from their source code for the the kernel to load the drivers.
    Most LSI controllers are supported by Debian. If your looking for external connections, look for card that end with an "e". LSI cards that end with an "i" are for internal use.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!