Successfull Install results in "No Interfaces Available" error

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you don't have a DHCP server running on your network? Otherwise, OMV should get a dhcp address by default. It just might not be displayed if your dhcp is slow. ifconfig will show the address.

Installing on an N54L is the same as any other system. Install using ISO (burn to cd, write to usb stick, etc) and follow installer. Reboot and set settings you need in the omv web interface. What question(s) do you have?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• and you ryecoaaron helped me to install it, and after that everything seemed to be OK - almost..., apart from the problem when creating a file system (Storage > File Systems > Create) in a little window called "Create file system" the Device doesn't show anything, so I could not proceed with naming my storage volume. However, I was able to proceed with adding the user etc. and creating a folder on one of my HD, which I called Movies, and I managed the priveliges etc., so finally I could see it on my PC and was excited that I could start moving my TB of movies there. But to my big surprise, the files are transferring with a neckbreaking speed of almost 10 MB/sec...
    Where is the GB Ethernet? Please tell me that it actually exists now in the year 2016 and I did not time-travell back to 1980s'...
    I am sure the solution is simple but please, before I would have to go throug all the forums, let me know wher to look or how to fix it. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would install the backports 3.16 kernel using the button on the kernel tab in omv-extras. I would also check network cables and make sure the switch thinks everything is running at gigabit speed. If you look at the network widget on the dashboard, does it say it is connected at gigabit?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

the network widget on the dashboard shows the speed is 1000Mbits/sec
    I don't know where to find the omv-extras (to be able to install tab backports 3.16 kernel)
    In my router (NetComm N300 NF7 WiFi Gigabit Router) the speed is only mentioned in the Port configuration, where WAN, LAN1, LAN2, LAN3 and LAN4 are all set to Auto (other possibilities are 100Mbps/Full Duplex or Half Duplex and 10Mbps/Full Duplex or Half Duplex)
    Cables seems to be OK...

• Hi ryecoaaron

I have found and installed the omv-extras and installed the backports 3.16 kernel as you described
    I also bought a D-Link 8 port Gigabite switch, connected my PC, my HP laptop and the NAS to it and connected the uplink to my router - everything works fine but the speed did not improve, when transferring files from PC/laptop to the NAS using Windows Explorer it shows approx. 10-11 MB/second.
    Cables between the the switch and the PC/laptop are less then 10m, the NAS is about 3m
    The indicator LED on the Gigabite switch for NAS is green and for the PC/laptop they are yellow
    My PC uses Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Gigabit/Fast Ethernet Controller, and I have updated the driver...
    So what now?

• It is unbelievable, but there is no information concerning the D-Link DGS-1008A 8-Port Gigabit Switch which would explain what the LED colours mean, I checked the manual and other all pamphlets - nothing!
    However, other D-Link models, like e.g. DGS-1008D, do explain the relation between the LED colour and the speed of the connected device: 1000Mbps/Green; 100Mbps/Amber, so I presume that it is the same with the model I purchased.
    So, according to the lights on the switch, the PC and the HP laptop are doing 100Mbp and the NAS is doing what I want - 1000Mbps.
    My PC: Checking Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center - Local Area Connection - Local Area Connection Status - Speed: 100.0 Mbps
    Also checking the Control panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Network Connections -> Local Area Connection -> Properties -> Networking -> Connect using: Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller -> Configure -> Advanced -> Speed & Duplex: Auto Negotiation (other possibilities are 100Mbps/Full Duplex or Half Duplex and 10Mbps/Full Duplex or Half Duplex).
    That confirms what I already know from the switch amber indicator related to the PC (100Mbp). Also the Windows Explorer confirms that when showing about 10-11 MB/second during copying over the wired network (I am not interested in WiFi which I believe is not good for our health...)
    So, now I am looking for more information how I can improve my PC and I thought that apart from googling you guys are the experts, who know immediately what's wrong with me :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!