Plex Media Server & OMV 2.1.18

• Good day all. I was wondering where I am missing things with Plex. I have installed the Plex plug-in & pointed it to the main folder for my server. I've added the ports to my router for forwarding. When I try to access it using my Roku I can see the server, but none of the files. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

• Check the following setting in Plex Media Server: Settings | Server | Network | Secure connections. Set to Preferred or Disabled, but not to Required.

Also, Plex Media Server is very touch with respect to permissions on the media folders and files. The plex user must have at least read access to them.

It is not necessary to open ports on your router if the server and client are on the same LAN, as in this case the router never sees the traffic.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have those options. The only things I can change are Enable, Database Volume, Database Folder (not sure I can change this, it's grayed out), Enable (it's for Web Client frame). When I go to the Web Client tab, nothing is displayed.

• You seem to be looking in OMV for this; that's the wrong place. Log into PMS via a browser and look there.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You need to log into PMS itself with a web browser. It runs on port 32400 on the same IP address as OMV.

--

• Thank you so much for the help. Funny enough, I use the same IP for my server. Once I was in the browser I was able to make the changes you recommended & add the media folders properly. I can now view my library through Plex. Thank you again for the help.

• You use the same IP? What are the odds of that? But since you do, you could have just clicked on the link in the post instead of typing it in. Glad you have it all going. Plex has their own forums, visit there, there's lot's of helpful people.

https://forums.plex.tv/

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!