How to install omv to raspberry pi2 with f2fs file system?

• Hi Everyone!

I wanna install omv to my raspberry pi 2 with f2fs file system, but the downloaded image automatically format the filesytem to ext4, but i wanna use f2fs. How can I solve this problem? Please help me!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you want to use f2fs? I don't see any advantages of it especially since it isn't well supported by the OMV web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are SD cards that work with the RPi and some don't. It has nothing to do with the filesystem. I have used ext4 on RPis for a long time and it is stable. ext4 is much more mature than f2fs and therefore more stable. f2fs would not fix any of your issues.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ...f2fs would not fix any of your issues.

I second this. I got the ammount of written data to the SD card of my BananaPi from ~0.8 GB / day down to 70 MB / day using fs2ram... (using Ext4)

OMV 1.19 (OMV-Extras.org 1.34) | BanaNAS | 16GB microSD (using FlashMemory plugin) | 1TB SATA WD Blue Mobile

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von root2 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are correct. the flashmemory plugin is what saves the drive. f2fs would not save it because it is just a filesystem and does not prevent the same area on the sd card from be written to too many times. You need static wear leveling for that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!