Status monitoring with a RAID card

• So I recently acquired an old HP server. It's a ProLiant DL320 G5p. The CPU is a Xeon X3210 2.13Ghz. 1u. I am running two 750GB hard drives, one a Hitachi and one a Seagate. They're enterprise drives that came with the server. This thing has a RAID card that appears to be made by AMCC. Here's my challenge: I want to monitor S.M.A.R.T. data on my disks so I can know if they're failing. Hell, I could have a dead disk right now and not even know it. How can I monitor this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Usually you can't monitor the individual drives when they are connected to a raid card that is not in IT mode. Not sure if the HP raid plugin would help or not.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm running a HP Proliant DL360 G5 with the P400i SmartArray card. This particular RAID card cannot to JBOD (just a bunch of disks) mode.

First, if you create a logical volume within the RAID Card, you can enable SMART *on the volume*. This gives you some visibility.

Second, the HPRaid plugin is purely an informational plugin - but since it uses the HP proprietary utilities, it can pull almost every bit of information off the controller, the logical volumes, and the physical disks. The drawback is that you can only really look at the information. There is no functionality to alert or log any of this information - nor can you directly control the RAID controller with the plugin.

While I'm not the plugin developer, I'm pretty sure that this plug-in further to allow for management of the controller and physical drives. The HP Utilities the plugin installs have that capability - the plugin just hasn't exposed it yet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!