TFTP service dies after running for a certain time

• Hi,

I'd need some help regarding the built-in TFTP service of OMV. I've set up the service successfully with the OMV Web GUI and after booting up OMV, it runs perfectly for a certain time. However, after an unknown amount of time, the service seems to die - obviously without any corresponding entry in the system logs. I tried to turn on verbose logging by adding extra option '-vv' to the TFTP settings, but that didn't show any effect.

I would be glad if anybody could provide a hint how I might perform further troubleshooting on the problem...

Regards,

André

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post a screenshot of your settings.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would run memtest on the system. I would also reset the permissions of the folder you are using.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks for the hints. I reset the permissions to tftp:tftp (is this correct or should this be root:root?). There were some ACLs present which I removed also. Time will tell if it works...

Regarding memtest: I don't think that there's a hardware problem. The problem appeared after installing the latest OMV version. I ran a pre-1.0 version for years without a single TFTPD crash.

• Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same problem. X/

I found a daemon log entry which might correspond with the problem:

Code
    in.tftpd[2357]: cannot resolve local IPv4 bind address: 0.0.0.0, Name or service not known

So after some searching, I'm suspecting that I might be affected by the following bug: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=771441

Can somebody with a deeper insight into the Debian/OMV startup behavior confirm that this might be a problem?

Regards,

André

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using a static IP?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!