Email Notification for a Scheduled Job

• Hi, I'm sorry for such a beginners question, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get an email notification for a scheduled job. I've already gotten the standard notifications to work (cpu, smart, etc...) but when I try to send an notification through a scheduled job, nothing happens. I have a feeling this is happening because it relies on a cron job for the notification, and I have not configured cron with an email/emailserver, but I can't figure out where OMV stores its cronjob files.

Thanks for any help. ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

First of all have you setup the notifications?
    If yes did the test came out positive?

When you run a scheduled job there is an option to pick the username that the task will "run as", that username needs to have an email account in the Users->Edit User-> email field section section

If the username is root, then the task should still default to the notifications recipient.

• I did setup notifications correctly, and it tested positive.

I'm running the scheduled job as root, but I can't seem to get a notification from it. However, I do not have any users listed in the "user" field, the only user so far is root.

• The cronjobs defined by admin user in omv are in this file

/etc/cron.d/openmediavault-userdefined

If the cron jobs have at the end >/dev/null 2>&1 means the output is silent, no email.

Hi, sorry to quote an old post but I have the same issue. I have exactly >/dev/null 2>&1 at the end of my cron jobs. So this means the commands I execute have no output? At this point, what is meant for output? For example I have sar commands to see system stats, they have no output?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!