removing all files folders to start fresh

• Hi everyone,
    I apologize if this thread is redundant because I have seen a few others with similar problems,
    I have OMV installed and running, I enabled smb and was able to locate from a windows 10 machine. My goal was to upload iPhone photos over wifi.
    So I decided to use FTP (I don't know if this is optimal but several apps allow for FTP file movement on ios)
    I enabled FTP, added network location (FTP) on my windows 10 machine to move pictures into the same location, signed in and started moving pictures but it stopped. It would not let me delete or do anything from the windows end
    I went to the webGUI, I already had the user home directories enabled.
    I want to delete the shared file and start fresh with only FTP enabled but I cannot delete the shared file or unmount the raid
    I am aware that you cannot have anyone using the file/folder or it will not let you delete so I have deleted the users and un-enabled the home directories and removed the link from the win10 machine but still not allowed.

Is there a fast/easy way to disconnect all machines to allow the shared folders to be removed or a way to format the raid again?

thanks in advance!
    Beau

• ok I guess my next question is how do I delete the shared folders when everyone is disconnected?

diagnostics /services /overview = no services enabled

diagnostics /services /ftp = service disabled

thanks
    Beau

• ok so I went trough and deleted all shares under all services using them

I seems like this is a common problem for new users massing around with omv for the first time so a tutorial would be a great time saver

from the webGUI select the services tab and select every service to check if the shared folder is being used

I started with apple filing, select the shares tab, if the shared folder is listed select it and click delete
    return to services and select the next service
    My next service was FTP, select this and click the shares tab, again if the shared folder is listed select and delete
    repeat this process for all services.
    after the shared folder has been removed from all services the option to delete the folder will now light up

thanks for all the help!
    Beau

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!