OMV Data Backup on RDX

• Hi,

I am working in a small office with 8 people using an old windows server maschine to store our data. As we want to renew our system and improve our backup system, we are searching for a new OS. I am using OMV at home, so my idea was to use OMV with raid 1 for data and second internal raid 1 for backup usage (daily backup using rsnapshot). As a second backup system we currently use several weekly changed RDX-drives connected via USB to have data external as well. With OMV i am not sure how to setup a backup routine with several RDX-drives.
    The system must be easy to use. So is there a way to setup a RDX-Backup where you just have to change the drive and OMV will do the rest? Like changing the drive an monday, making the backup on saturday...? I would prefer if I dont have to change any settings when I am changing the drive.
    I am not sure if i can use the USB-Backup plugin, as it will perform a backup when the drive gets connected.
    I was thinking of using rsync with one task, but how can i mount several changing drives to the same share?

Maybe someone may have an idea.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!